Ashley Westwood

Nabby

47 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

The best out of him "again"?

its almost like you're suggesting he used to be good?

His best was never good. But he was alright in his first season 

• Like 1

To be honest I think Westwood is also a player who has been victim to having absolute shite play around him for a majority of his time here. He is solid and dependable if nothing else at the very least, definitely could be a decent part of a squad. He is one of the types of characters I would look to keep, unless we are getting much better.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, weedman said:

I'm pretty sure you could go back 100+ pages on this thread and read the exact same debate as we're seeing now

This goes for all out threads though. lol. Hence why we need new exciting content!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, weedman said:

I'm pretty sure you could go back 100+ pages on this thread and read the exact same debate as we're seeing now

I'm also sure that you could go back 101+ pages on this thread and read the exact same comment posted about the exact same debate another 100 pages back.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I wish people would realise that £6m isn't a large fee any more it's not even a medium one.

Yeah, Especially when Crew have a 20% sell on fee attached. 

7 hours ago, weedman said:

Backwards and complete just like a Westy pass.

• Like 2

When you consider players like Bannan and Lowton played well for teams at the top end of the league, then logically Westwood should do alright in the Championship.  I think he is severely under appreciated by our fans anyway, but selling him for £6m would be bad business and I'd be surprised if Di Matteo didn't want to keep him.

• Like 3

Don't have any real issues with him (apart from his sideways passing) :P

That being said I think it might be best for all concerned to have a clean break. He's associated with one of the worst periods in our recent history and is always going to divide the fan base and maybe he'll be more appreciated elsewhere.

One of the worst footballers I've ever seen pull on a Villa shirt in all my years. A damning indictment of the Lerner era that so many fans accepted him despite the fact he was so clearly out of his depth in the PL and played his part in the worst Villa era in my lifetime and the scandalous decline of a great club. 

The sooner this charlatan leaves the better. I'm sure he'll sneak out while no ones looking and nobody will notice. Which would just about sum up his time here at the Villa. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

One of the worst footballers I've ever seen pull on a Villa shirt in all my years. A damning indictment of the Lerner era that so many fans accepted him despite the fact he was so clearly out of his depth in the PL and played his part in the worst Villa era in my lifetime and the scandalous decline of a great club. 

The sooner this charlatan leaves the better. I'm sure he'll sneak out while no ones looking and nobody will notice. Which would just about sum up his time here at the Villa. 

I'm going to guess at 5?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

flat1000x1000075f.jpg

45 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

I think I will choose to interpret your statement as hyperbole, otherwise, is it OK if I question your ability to judge players? 

1 hour ago, AVFC44 said:

"One of the worst footballers you've ever seen in a Villa shirt, clearly out of his depth in the PL"

Yet despite that it's looking like he's going to be the first (of probably not many) to get a transfer back to the Premier League.

This :D