Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Less than 2 years ago his form was very good, he played solidly for Lambert and was one of our better players. We have always made fun of him because we fans have the mentality of a big club.... the thing is we arent a big club anymore.

We are in the championship and Westwood will make a very good player in the championship. Keep him, get promoted and a year from now we can argue if he is good enough for the premier league. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but its players like Westwood that is the reason we are a Championship club now

No its a total lack of investment, and a toxic culture, and an absent owner who employed buffoons to run our club that sees us in our current situation. Westwood would fit nicely into a side that had Benteke, Delph and some other quality..... westwood is one of the last people id blame. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

No its a total lack of investment, and a toxic cultre, and an absent owner who employed buffoons to run our club that sees us in our current situation. Westwood would fit nicely into a side that had Benteke, Delph and some other quality..... westwood is one of the last people id blame. 

He was very poor in that side, our midfield was still crap and Delph really wasnt that much better. Benteke shielded a lot of the weaknesses in that squad under Lambert

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Isa said:

His form was very good under Lambert? I must have missed that part. He played exactly the same as he does now.

Well if you look back now at least Lambert managed to keep us in the PL. The three managers that followed him were worse!

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Well if you look back now at least Lambert managed to keep us in the PL. The three managers that followed him were worse!

Not really relevant to the point, is it? 

This is a tough call.

£6m is a lot of money for a player like Westwood and is at the higher end of what we can realistically demand.

That being said, I could see him being a very solid midfielder in the Championship.

I guess a lot comes down to what RDM has seen of him and what system he wants to play.  If Gana is going then I'd prefer to keep Westwood to play alongside Gardner/Tish (if he signs)

• Like 2

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he's receiving a lot of hatred in this thread for some unknown reason, he's still an excellent player in my opinion, he makes us tick. I think he can still improve at this football club

we just got relegated playing some of shittest football ever seen at Villa Park. I wouldnt be taking credit for making that team tick ;)

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he's receiving a lot of hatred in this thread for some unknown reason, he's still an excellent player in my opinion, he makes us tick. I think he can still improve at this football club

There is no "hate", he's not "excellent" and we didn't "tick"

But I agree there are loads of things he can improve.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villafan306 said:

This is a tough call.

£6m is a lot of money for a player like Westwood and is at the higher end of what we can realistically demand.

That being said, I could see him being a very solid midfielder in the Championship.

I guess a lot comes down to what RDM has seen of him and what system he wants to play.  If Gana is going then I'd prefer to keep Westwood to play alongside Gardner/Tish (if he signs)

This. Definitely not the reason we are down, but we need as complete a revamp as possible. If he stays, it would be because RDM thinks he can do something with.

If he goes I do hope he does well. Seems to have a good attitude and yes sometimes his performances were not good enough, but they were way, way better than most here and not a dick. For that reason alone he is/was one of the better players.

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's certainly not an excellent player. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

we just got relegated playing some of shittest football ever seen at Villa Park. I wouldnt be taking credit for making that team tick ;)

Haha :) ok then, he has for the majority of his 4 year stay then, I think he has so much ability, why do you hate him so much?