Ashley Westwood

Nabby

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Made the most tackles and had the most shots of anyone on our team - "does nothing".

Standard Westwood bashing for the hell of it.

Haters gonna hate. 

Please direct us to the place where we're singing the praises of the rest of the shite that played? 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Made the most tackles and had the most shots of anyone on our team - "does nothing".

Haters gonna hate. 

And stats will always be used to make him out as something better. 

Where's the stats for gaps left for opposing players? Or poor touch leading to a corner. And the stat will say shot on goal but reality was a free shot from the edge of the area pulled wide. 

He's not as abysmal as some make out but he offers very little and I doubt we progress much if he's a regular starter. 

• Like 2

He had a good game and might as well of been on his own in midfield as Gardner was terrible despite that he had 4 intercetions and 4 tackles and made a great block after Golini saved a shot just after the restart, he needs a proper defensive midfielder in beside him.  He should of hit the target with the first chance and was unlucky with the second one. His passing was good and he linked up well down the right flank a couple of times leading to us getting good chances.   I don't get how his performance could be described as anonymous or shit but each to their own I guess. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

And stats will always be used to make him out as something better. 

Where's the stats for gaps left for opposing players? Or poor touch leading to a corner. And the stat will say shot on goal but reality was a free shot from the edge of the area pulled wide. 

He's not as abysmal as some make out but he offers very little and I doubt we progress much if he's a regular starter. 

It was specifically said that he does nothing to protect the defence or create chances - but he factually made more tackles and had more shots than the rest of his teammates.

As I said, haters gonna hate. 

Just now, bobzy said:

It was specifically said that he does nothing to protect the defence or create chances - but he factually made more tackles and had more shots than the rest of his teammates.

As I said, haters gonna hate. 

Being better than Gary Gardner and a few other shit players doesn't make him good. He didn't create his chances. He missed a good one created for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Being better than Gary Gardner and a few other shit players doesn't make him good. He didn't create his chances. He missed a good one created for him. 

It's not about him being better - it's that he clearly does more than "nothing". Which is levelled at him time and time again, even today when he did "something".

Where did I say he was good, by the way?

We're done here. Circular discussion.

Was a terrible idea to pair him with Gardner in a 2 man CM, was always going to be a horror show.

Gardner was way worse than I hoped for, Westwood was as he always is. Combined they were a non entity. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's not about him eing better - it's that he clearly does more than "nothing". Which is levelled at him time and time again, even today when he did "something".

Where did I say he was good, by the way?

We're done here. Circular discussion

If he was doing something then surely that would be good. And if he's not good what's the problem with criticism? 

He had 4 tackles in 90 minutes whereas tshibola had 3 in 20 minutes. Hardly a revelation

What he does is not enough or good enough over a whole game. He does not impact the team 

He's awful, if he is a regular this season we'll struggle. He's too weak in mind as well as body.

Unlucky with the 2 shots to be fair to him, I'd have expected Gardner to have made the keeper work on either chance. Was really surprised at how poor Gardner was today, let's hope he settles down cos I can't see these two playing alongside each other very often.

No physical presence, not a particularly good tackler of the ball, doesn't break up play, doesn't run with the ball and open up space for others, doesn't score goals.. The only attribute he has is that he is HALF decent at passing. Needs upgrading!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Haters gonna hate. 

Seriously piss off. We don't bash him for the sake of it, i take no pleasure in slating anyone in a villa shirt but i     also trust what my eyes see and i see a player who is woefully out of his depth. He offers nothing. Safe    nothing stat friendly passes is. Can't tackle. Directs traffic during a game of football. We will get utterly dominated in midfield this season if we stick with this charlatan. Ashley you seem like a lovely fella, the kind of lad someone would enjoy a pint with but you ain't what we need in our team anymore.

• Like 3

Doesnt do his job, which is protect the back 4, too much of a gap between him and the back 4 when defending, and doesn't mark the runners.

Hes no worse than normal, but nowhere near good enough.He is a barometer for me, as long as he is in the team/squad, then we are too ppor.

Tsish looked reasonable, and alongside a more mobile central midfielder, could do a job.Not sure GG is that man though.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Seriously piss off. We don't bash him for the sake of it, i take no pleasure in slating anyone in a villa shirt but i     also trust what my eyes see and i see a player who is woefully out of his depth. He offers nothing. Safe    nothing stat friendly passes is. Can't tackle. Directs traffic during a game of football. We will get utterly dominated in midfield this season if we stick with this charlatan. Ashley you seem like a lovely fella, the kind of lad someone would enjoy a pint with but you ain't what we need in our team anymore.

Charming stuff. Cheers. 

• Like 1