Ashley Westwood

Nabby

40 minutes ago, tismyk said:

He knocked a number of long cross field balls today esp. in the first half, it was Gardner who was doing the above and giving the ball away easily.

We need better. He just doesn't influence the game at all. At best he's just a neat and tidy player, but always a non-presence. We need someone who can be a leader, take the game by the scruff of the neck and genuinely influence things. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

not as bad as people make out and had a good first half alongside Gardner.

he's an easy target (like Hutton) but offered more today than gestede, ayew, bacuna.

Absolute nonsense. He's a credible target along with Hutton, not an easy one as you suggest. If we start with these two we are in trouble.

• Like 2

Hutton did nothing wrong other than believing gestede would get anywhere near the opponents box in time for a cross.

our problems start way up the pitch, gifting back possession all too easy after dilly dallying around and putting too many bodies forward.

Just now, theboyangel said:

Hutton did nothing wrong other than believing gestede would get anywhere near the opponents box in time for a cross.

our problems start way up the pitch, gifting back possession all too easy after dilly dallying around and putting too many bodies forward.

Hutton was caught out loads of time in the second half because he was standing too far up on the middsbfzsdgh half, and since our midfield was no where to be seen they could counter 3 to 1. This was in large parts because of fauty tactics, but still it's Huttons job to defend and track the runners.

31 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Burnley have been paying well over the odds for crap players so that rumour would stand up.

they have spent 2.5 million on 3 players this summer and wont bid over 4 million for Hendrick

we should have bit at 6million if was true

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they have spent 2.5 million on 3 players this summer and wont bid over 4 million for Hendrick

we should have bit at 6million if was true

So they want to make Westwood their marquee signing?! 

I'm calling bs on the 6 mill.

When we were knocking the ball around under little pressure he was fine, could have been playing in his slippers.

As soon as Boro stepped up a gear and you needed a bit of bite in midfield it was almost as if they ran straight through him.

Not sure if any of the current CMs are the answer this season.

Think he's going to be a RDM favourite I'm afraid...started all the pre season games that have mattered and we don't have huge numbers in central midfield so he'll be starting the games in August at least and being ineffectual as usual.

For a start he can't play in a two man midfield and he desperately needs an energetic midfielder alongside him to do the running like D*lph used to...bonkers looking at that team yesterday with Tshibola not starting for example.

• Like 3

I defended him a lot and don't think he's bad but I'm sick of seeng him in the lineup only to watch the opposition carve through our non-existent centre midfield.

If he hasn't made an impact by now he never will. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ginko said:

I defended him a lot and don't think he's bad but I'm sick of seeng him in the lineup only to watch the opposition carve through our non-existent centre midfield.

If he hasn't made an impact by now he never will. 

Yeah the midfield was ridiculous today, especially in the first half. Single pass and they were in. Need a big bastard in there.

• Like 1