Ashley Westwood

Nabby

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Offers nothing

Too true.  He actually offers absolutely nothing at all. Sadly I have the impression that he is one of the "good guys" - no problem or issues with him or his attitude but..... jeeeez he is just not good enough.   

• Like 1

Just now, rbcuk said:

Was shit last season, and from today still nothing has changed...Lets hope Burnley come back in with another bid

sadly they are chasing Hendrick now a much more accomplished midfielder

10 minutes ago, tismyk said:

Don't know how you come to these views, I was at Villa park  and thought he had a very good game against some good opposition

I just didn't see him.

I especially didn't see him when their players were jogging through what looked like an empty sunlit meadow on their way to tapping home their second goal. 

He can't score, he doesn't assist, he can't tackle, he can't take a corner or a freekick or create a chance out of nothing. He's trash to be honest. Hard working, maybe, but absolute trash. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I just didn't see him.

I especially didn't see him when their players were jogging through what looked like an empty sunlit meadow on their way to tapping home their second goal. 

He can't score, he doesn't assist, he can't tackle, he can't take a corner or a freekick or create a chance out of nothing. He's trash to be honest. Hard working, maybe, but absolute trash. 

Someone from our left side passed a ball into the centre to Westwood but it was way too far infront of him and he had to stretch for it leaving him on the ground while Boro strung 2 passes together and were in. I can't see any reason to blame him for that.? 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

And there you have it. I would, for completeness, add that he can't pass anything else than backwards or sideways 5 yards.  

13 minutes ago, Hughes said:

And there you have it. I would, for completeness, add that he can't pass anything else than backwards or sideways 5 yards.  

He knocked a number of long cross field balls today esp. in the first half, it was Gardner who was doing the above and giving the ball away easily.

On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 21:19, R.Bear said:

Probably still easier to find than Westwood on matchday.

Look he's a nice guy but is simply not good enough nor is there much room for improvement with him. He just doesn't impact a game. At all ! I swear the saying " he keeps it tidy "  is a British thing. We want footballers, not road sweepers. Total lack of bravery on and off the ball. His immediate response when getting the ball is to just give it again straight away.