Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

20 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Why?

I mean, he's not very good, but I can't think of a thing he's done to evoke anything other than a sigh and shrug of the shoulders.

because at a young age he decided to retire from football and stroll around on a saturday. he is every thing wrong modern football and said so when he signed

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because at a young age he decided to retire from football and stroll around on a saturday. he is every thing wrong modern football and said so when he signed

Absolute nonsense.  He might not be very good, but he's given more application than a fair few players this season.

Edit:  The "wrong" that comes from modern football regarding Sinclair is the City purchase to make up a weird quota.  Don't hate the playa...

Edited by bobzy

21 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Why?

I mean, he's not very good, but I can't think of a thing he's done to evoke anything other than a sigh and shrug of the shoulders.

I suppose it's because I know he can do better. 

This is a guy who tore up the Championship and then the PL when Swansea first came up, and has since done absolutely nothing. He got his big money move to Man City, he got the car and the girl and the bank account and he's plainly given up trying to improve himself (or even re-attain his former level). We signed him directly after he'd been on a disastrous loan spell at Albion where he couldn't get in the team because he was so lazy. I don't believe that's changed at all. 

Compare him to somebody like Sigurdsson, who also left Swansea to go to a bigger team that didn't work out and then had to head back down the division. Who works harder? Who cares more? Who do you think spends more time on the training pitch? I know what I think the answer is. 

On 2.5.2016 at 20:11, av1 said:

In their early days Blues where called Small Heath Alliance, hence SHA. 

Many Villa fans, not wanting to associate those scum bags with the City of Birmingham prefer to use their old name of Small Heath. 

Wiki

Thanks

• Like 1

On Tuesday, May 03, 2016 at 13:26, HanoiVillan said:

I suppose it's because I know he can do better. 

This is a guy who tore up the Championship and then the PL when Swansea first came up, and has since done absolutely nothing. He got his big money move to Man City, he got the car and the girl and the bank account and he's plainly given up trying to improve himself (or even re-attain his former level). We signed him directly after he'd been on a disastrous loan spell at Albion where he couldn't get in the team because he was so lazy. I don't believe that's changed at all. 

Compare him to somebody like Sigurdsson, who also left Swansea to go to a bigger team that didn't work out and then had to head back down the division. Who works harder? Who cares more? Who do you think spends more time on the training pitch? I know what I think the answer is. 

I don't think Scott Sinclair ever tore up the Premier League. Swansea fans were just as bemused as most when City purchased him.

I think the simple reason he has been found wanting is that he just isn't a very good footballer.

Edited by rodders0223

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

If Leeds go for him they'll be in for a massive reality check. Will be great to have him off the books, finally.

bet he still turns in a wonder performance against us next season :( wont show up for other 44 games

4 hours ago, osmark86 said:

If Leeds go for him they'll be in for a massive reality check. Will be great to have him off the books, finally.

be lucky to get to Leeds imo. Barely good enough for the A-League. 

6 hours ago, KSV said:

be lucky to get to Leeds imo. Barely good enough for the A-League. 

The A-League is pretty high tempo, with emphasis (from the better teams) on ball retention, press and movement.

So no - not good enough for the A-League.

• Like 1

I actually wonder if he'll even bother looking for a club and just retire. Why get tied down,  you still have to show your face every once and a while. He clearly has absolutely no appetite for the game. I think he might just retire early and enjoy the huge wonga he has stolen from us

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

N Zogbia is the kind of example of what is wrong with todays modern day footballer

I think it's more for an example of how badly run football teams are in general. They give a player a huge amount of money per week, guaranteed for usually around 4 years. There's no performance related pay and no get out clause. We signed this waster for £10m so when he was signed he was expected to be a first team regular, therefore in his contract should reflect that. AFAIK Liverpool are trying to move to a model of perfomrance related pay for players contracts.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

10M,  60K per week for 5 years another 17M  so this lad has cost us 27M  .  Fabulous value for money.

That works out as £337,500 per game.

Holy crap.

Â