Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

29 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Just pay off his bloody contract now and get shot, there's no point in waiting for another 30 days!

Too much risk in that! There's a chance whoever is in charge of contracts will sign on the wrong dotted line and we'd end up with him for another 5 years! 

Would much rather the club forgot all about him til the 1st July tbh. 

Sleaking if which.... And slightly off topic. Who's actually looking after the expiring contracts? Not sure who's is up for ending but I take it SOMEBODY is responsible incase the Xia deal rumbles on past July...

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Why not just pay it off in full, just get the word removed away from the club. A cancer.

I doubt he has been around anyway. Makes you wonder if they have not done it out of spite. If he wouldn't cut a deal make him take his weekly wages rather than pay it all up front and let him go get even more money at the same time signing a new contract somewhere else. 

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

or how much of a mercenary N'Zogbia is by not taking a pay-out.

why would he though? clubs fault for giving him a shit contract

There has been some real mud slung around the topic here so I would like to make one thing perfectly clear. Despite his horrific time at the club and his parasitic nature I absolutely would piss on him if he was on fire. Rumors to the contrary are simply untrue. I would even go as far as to take pre-emptive action to ensure he is fire proof. Dont let it be said that we Villa fans hold grudges.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

I doubt he has been around anyway. Makes you wonder if they have not done it out of spite. If he wouldn't cut a deal make him take his weekly wages rather than pay it all up front and let him go get even more money at the same time signing a new contract somewhere else. 

I think that may be the case but we would only spite ourselves. There were pictures of him on instagram in the dressing room many times. What good is having a complete waste of oxygen associate with our players, just think of the affect that would have on motivations, morale, team spirit and desire. It brings the whole group down to his level. It is not like we forced him to train in the gym on his own, we let this cretin interact with our 'professionals'

It really is appalling.

Edited by rodders0223

Just to throw in my two cents, I used to work at a gym for a few years that Charlie was a member of and he wasn't that bad of a guy.

He trained hard several days a week on mobility, sprinting and light weights and all he wanted to do was play. When it came out that he might be moving to Turkey he said goodbye to the staff and seemed a little dejected about it but when it fell through he was utterly puzzled. He said that Lambert (at the time) didn't want to play him but wouldn't let him go either.

He made some nice gestures on occasion, taking part in a keepy up tournament in the gym, gave a few free tickets to some of the French speaking cleaners etc.

Not all bad, but definitely needs to move on now.

• Like 3

On 31/05/2016 at 23:09, sidcow said:

I wouldn't give anyone at the club that much credit to be honest mate, however that is exactly what should happen with all the bums currently bleeding the club.

I always here people saying "just pay him off", but like you said, a full pay off allowing the player to sign somewhere else means the player earns even more. Imo any players that the club want rid of, who they cant sell, should simply be put on gardening leave. They may just agree to a reduced settlement in order to be released, if not let them run down their contract at home. The club loses nothing. 

2 hours ago, Duck said:

At the very least thought we should be loaning them out.

Have someone else pay the wages to have them loaf around. 

Who the hell wants to loan a shit footballer with a bad attitude on the first weekend of June? I mean, I know he's about the right level for the Tippeligaen, but they probably can't afford his wages. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Who the hell wants to loan a shit footballer with a bad attitude on the first weekend of June? I mean, I know he's about the right level for the Tippeligaen, but they probably can't afford his wages. 

in fairness that would be a typical Villa signing :lol:

On 01/06/2016 at 20:25, JPAngel said:

Just to throw in my two cents, I used to work at a gym for a few years that Charlie was a member of and he wasn't that bad of a guy.

He trained hard several days a week on mobility, sprinting and light weights and all he wanted to do was play. When it came out that he might be moving to Turkey he said goodbye to the staff and seemed a little dejected about it but when it fell through he was utterly puzzled. He said that Lambert (at the time) didn't want to play him but wouldn't let him go either.

He made some nice gestures on occasion, taking part in a keepy up tournament in the gym, gave a few free tickets to some of the French speaking cleaners etc.

Not all bad, but definitely needs to move on now.

While that may be, he almost never made any effort on the pitch which is where it really counts.

Just now, lexicon said:

While that may be, he almost never made any effort on the pitch which is where it really counts.

Indeed. I didn't expect anyone to particularly care about what he's like off the pitch when he's been such a massive t**t on it.

What's really puzzling is that he had a couple of decent games a year or so ago (one against Sunderland if I remember correctly) and when I spoke to him about it he was genuinely buzzing. I don't see why that didn't continue? Weird.

Â