Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not when you factor in the cost to the club. Agathe was a fat piece of shit but he was signed on a free and disappeared shortly after. CNZ cost us almost £10m and then a bucket load in wages, without delivering a single thing for us. 

Definitely the worst ever.

I know mate, I don't know why I literally have to bring him up every time something like this comes around. It's a trigger.:trollface:

• Like 1

We've had so many terrible signings during Lerner's reign.

Zog is perhaps not the worst when it comes to ability, but if you factor in application and money he's certainly one of the worst.

Habib Beye and the massive contract handed to Given are not great moments in club history

Just my opinion but the oddest thing about all these complete failures of signings is that none of them, at the time, were seen as a bad signing.

Given was a no brainer (a bit like Richards, Lescott and many others at the time)

Beye - the Newcastle fans were gutted to have lost him as he was one of their best players at the time (as per Warnock, Reo-Coker, Curtis Davies and many more)

N'Zogbia was highly rated, a good reaction to losing Young at the time and 9.5m wasn't OTT as a fee.

It's just when they arrive there's somethinf that transforms them into pr1cks.

• Like 1

To be honest I'd disagree with your assessment . Not all of those were universally seen as decent signings. I saw many arguments against given , too old , too long a contract etc .

i didn't think nzogbia was decent or an adequate replacement for either young or downing despite people saying he could replace both! 

36 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Just my opinion but the oddest thing about all these complete failures of signings is that none of them, at the time, were seen as a bad signing.

Given was a no brainer (a bit like Richards, Lescott and many others at the time)

Beye - the Newcastle fans were gutted to have lost him as he was one of their best players at the time (as per Warnock, Reo-Coker, Curtis Davies and many more)

N'Zogbia was highly rated, a good reaction to losing Young at the time and 9.5m wasn't OTT as a fee.

Forgot Ireland aswell.

A few didn't want him in fairness but I really though he'd add a different dimension to midfield post Milner and link up well with Young and Downing.

As big a waste as N'zogbia.

We really need to learn from last 6 years in recruitment. Make sure you sign players who see playing for Aston Villa as an honour and are also on their way up in their careers. And I don't mean going down the Lambert route of signing half of league one and two.

• Like 1

the end is near, its finally happening, this excuse of a footballer is finally leaving this club after sucking millions out of it

lets hope the next manager doesnt want to re-utilise him and gives him a 5 year contract...

problem I have and  as shit he has been he looked quite good combined with Benteke and rarely put together after that, even this season he came on and looked OK vs City and never seen again

Would rather see him dribble down dark alleys than see crap like Bacuna and Sinclair dribble out for throw ins

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We really need to learn from last 6 years in recruitment. Make sure you sign players who see playing for Aston Villa as an honour and are also on their way up in their careers. And I don't mean going down the Lambert route of signing half of league one and two.

This. :rolleyes:

You would hope most players in the Prem could do a job skills wise, but their mentality and attitude is what varies most. We need a strong ethos from the top down, hopefully the takeover will allow that and have a solid spine with a strong ethic. 

No more signings like this one please. 

On 5/29/2016 at 11:06, Djemba_Villan said:

To be fair, Given wasn't a complete failure. His first season under He Who Shall Not Be Named was very good, infact he was just as important in keeping us up as Darren Bent was (until injured). Everyone questioned the length of contract though. His confidence went to shit after the Euro's.

N'Zogbia had a past, especially at Newcastle, and he only ever showed up for 1/4 of Wigan's games...

And Richards, a lot of people questioned how much playing time he'd had abroad, and the fact he'd be put straight in as a centre back, when we really could've done with him as a right back.

Edited by TezzRexx
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

problem I have and  as shit he has been he looked quite good combined with Benteke and rarely put together after that, even this season he came on and looked OK vs City and never seen again

Would rather see him dribble down dark alleys than see crap like Bacuna and Sinclair dribble out for throw ins

Why would you? The end result is the same, but it costs you a lot more coming from N'Zogbia. 

• Like 1

Â