Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

When forwards have decent feet it allows the bit of keep ball that takes pressure off the defence and midfield allows some breathing space....all three Benteke, grealish & zoggy have decent feet.

It's not his feet that are the issue it's his decision making. I'm glad everyone is so pleased with him but I still think he's the weak link along with Richardson and although he's performing OKish for now I wouldn't want him to be first choice moving forward.

• Like 2

If he could make his decisions that split second quicker he'd make a hell of a difference.

Pleased he's come out of the wilderness and looks like he's enjoying life in claret and blue.

Still think he could move away this summer though.

I'd sell him, to be honest.

I think he's the sort of player we need in the squad if we want to be challenging the top 8.  Depending on the opposition, or the point we are in the game, he's a more than useful outlet.

I think Gil could be that player. We know what we get with N'Zogbia and I don't see it getting any better at this point in his career, while Gil has room for growth

Still our weakest regular player, IMO. At least of the front 6.

Not bad, but very one dimensional.

Would rather see gabby, Sinclair or (say it quietly) Gil in the team ahead of him.

Good player to have in the squad at the moment but any talk of a new deal is madness.

• Like 3

Would rather see gabby, Sinclair or (say it quietly) Gil in the team ahead of him.

Good player to have in the squad at the moment but any talk of a new deal is madness.

I'd like to keep him, I'd rather get rid of Cole and Gil :ph34r:

Why would you want to get rid of Gil?

Why would you want to get rid of Gil?

He hasn't been playing, he hasn't been in the squads, there are stories coming about that he is demanding showdown talks about his future and he seems very distant from the rest of the squad who at the moment are playing well and seem happy. Think he could prove to be more trouble than he is worth and I don't think his attitude seems right for what Sherwood wants to build.

This. He's playing well but no need to even look at his contract situation until around Xmas time. 

I think he has been vital to our current form. His work rate has been excellent, he has been dropping deep to provide an outlet and the little lay offs and surging runs are mostly going unnoticed because his end product is a lacking and he has been outshone by others who are on the absolute top of their respective games. But the things he has been doing he has done well and I'm not sure that Gil or Sinclair would provide the same graft. Perhaps a better end product, but that is not something we are necessarily lacking right now is it?

Gabby would be the natural replacement and one I would certainly consider myself. I also agree that a new deal should be a way off.

I think he has been vital to our current form. His work rate has been excellent, he has been dropping deep to provide an outlet and the little lay offs and surging runs are mostly going unnoticed because his end product is a lacking and he has been outshone by others who are on the absolute top of their respective games. But the things he has been doing he has done well and I'm not sure that Gil or Sinclair would provide the same graft. Perhaps a better end product, but that is not something we are necessarily lacking right now is it?

Gabby would be the natural replacement and one I would certainly consider myself. I also agree that a new deal should be a way off.

unless it's a new deal on less wages :D

Graft is fine. But he doesn't offer much going forward, which should surely be his priority.

Our balls out of defence, when they got o any of our other midfielders or attackers they do something with it. A flick on, a lay off, keep possession, anything.

With Nzogbia, 90% of the time its head down, run towards the corner. When he beats a man for pace it works. But it's pot luck.

He's fine for now. But he would be so easy to improve upon, IMO.

4 goals and 14 assists during his entire spell with us (3 assists coming this season) is not good enough by anybodys standard even considering his injury.

Just not enough end product considering he's on massive wages (by our standards)

People calling for Gil to be ahead of him.

We cannot afford a passenger in the team which Gil is when we don't have the ball, he has zero defensive capabilities and doesn't even bother trying, so far as I've seen anyway.

Knock him all you want for his various failings with the ball but Nzog has been putting a shift in during every game lately.

• Like 3

I don't want to turn this into another Gil thread, but calling Gil a passenger and concluding he doesn't do anything defensively seems incredibly harsh and unfounded to me.

• Like 2

Â