Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Not thinking any further ahead than next Saturday, it's a straight choice between Gabby & N'Zog in my eyes. Given our success has mainly come from playing 2 behind Benteke (Grealish & N'Zog), I would definitely start with that next week.

Maybe TS wanted to give Gabby 90mins but also wanted to keep N'Zog playing? Perhaps it was more about just giving them both 90mins prior to the cup final?

I would, he's poor and should be replaced by better quality.

This - he didn't really do that much in those games, in all honesty.

With every honest piece in my body, I think he did. :)
im sure he won a header twice in the semi that led to the winner so yeah he didn't do much in the games he has played at all nor did he do much when he did that run against baggies that led to delph scoring. Only a couple but important ones that show we wouldn't be at Wembley next Saturday at least. Probably doesn't mean much in the scope of things.
  • Like 1

I prefer Charles to Agbonlahor to be honest. Gabby disappears all match and might pop up randomly and miss a chance. N'Zogbia is at least trying to get on the ball and attack defenders. It may not work that often, but occasionally he produces a good chance. We need that. 

I prefer Charles to Agbonlahor to be honest. Gabby disappears all match and might pop up randomly and miss a chance. N'Zogbia is at least trying to get on the ball and attack defenders. It may not work that often, but occasionally he produces a good chance. We need that. 

The fact that they must be costing us more than 100k a week combined is horrible.

• Like 1

Should never play for us again, I've seldom seen an attacking midfielder with such lack of awareness of those around him and such a lack of end product. When you factor in that he cost £9m+ it's safe to say that he's one of the worst signings in the clubs history.

• Like 2

He was no worse than anyone else. But go ahead, make him the scapegoat.

Exactly. It always happens. Yes N'Zogbia was awful, but so was Delph, Cleverly, Grealish, etc. N'Zogbia actually made a great run which if Hutton saw would have resulted in a break away. 

He definitely was, at fault for the first goal and didn't offer anything.

Hopefully we never see him playing for Villa again.

Edited by packoman
  • Like 2

Woeful

You would think we were playing a sunday league match today and not a cup final

Didn't look bothered in the slightest if you can't get yourself up for an occasion like today when can you?

• Like 1

Obvious scapegoat. No offensive player was going to get up to much in that set-up.

Don't agree with the scapegoat comment. Even in his 'good games' since Sherwood's arrival, he has still been bang average imo. Today he couldn't even manage that.

My biggest criticism of Sherwood since his arrival is that he can't see this guy is stealing a living from us.

Exactly. It always happens. Yes N'Zogbia was awful, but so was Delph, Cleverly, Grealish, etc. N'Zogbia actually made a great run which if Hutton saw would have resulted in a break away. 

This.

Our entire midfield were very poor today. Delph and Grealish looked slow and off the pace. Cleverly reverted back to the player he was earlier in the season.

The only one who comes out of the game with any credit is Richardson, who has shown in the last couple of months that he can play a part moving forward, even if only as a backup.

Has'nt scored or set up a goal all season.On £65k per week.

Villas problems are apart from Benteke nobody will score, and apart from Grealish, nobody will create.Arse did their homework today, kept 2 men on CB, and closed down Grealish as soon as he got the ball.N'Zog was no worse today than normal.I've never seen a player be so ineffective on the ball as N'Zog, never picks the right pass, never knows when to pass the ball, or to hold onto the ball, awful player.

Villas priority for next season is to buy at least 2 players who can create/score goals, and that is if we keep CB.

For me Gabby and N'Zog can't go quick enough.

• Like 2

Â