Rino8

16 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Despite being a huge fan of Klopp and admiring several of their players, I share most football fans' disdain of Liverpool.

However, you can't really be surprised at the media response to such an incredible result and performance. This is football, and it's brilliant - even if it's not the team you were supporting. Barcelona were absolutely insipid, but Liverpool deserve huge praise. The sad thing is that it's so difficult to realistically imagine Villa in such a scenario, but there's no way we'd be questioning the media if we were. In fact, I think the term 'media wankfest' is universally used in a fit of jealousy as other teams/players get deserved praise for praiseworthy performances. Do we really expect "Oh yeah, Liverpool just turned around a 3-0 deficit against a strong Barcelona side, without two of their vaunted front three, by winning 4-0 to create another classic European night in front of their fans who created an incredible atmosphere... meh. Next game please."

Anyway, I hope Ajax smash them in Madrid!

I doubt anyone is really surprised. Some, like myself, often complain about how much attention/favourable coverage they receive. Why would I expect any different tonight?

No, I don’t like it. But I’m not evenly remotely surprised to hear it’s the leading story on the news. It’s not actually annoying me in fairness, I can avoid most of it. 

It would have been great to see what would have happened had Harry & Meghan announced their kid today instead. I reckon the news production teams would have had to literally fight it out to decide the running order.

55 minutes ago, hippo said:

Mate if it was villa - it wouldnt be national news headlines ...

Overdramtic ? ...I was on the coach home from highbury in 1981 ...we had just won our first league title in 71 years....headline worthy ???? Nah the sports coverage was of how liverpool had qualified for europe for a 7th consecutive year 

I got home and even my mom said what a pathetic bit of of coverage it got on TV...

Tonight reminds me of lance armstrongs 7 tour de france wins....if something seems to incredible to be real......it probably isnt....

Like I say ....brown envelopes...

Yeah and Dean Smith shot Steve Bruce from the grassy knoll

• Haha 1

Fair play to Liverpool, to be honest. Whatever you think of the fans, they have a class manager, and some really top drawer players, and they play brave, exciting football. They also just knocked out one of the most arrogant smarmy teams in world football.

Some of the key groundwork for Liverpool's current success was done by Christian Purslow - so bodes well for our future as a club. UTV

• Like 1

That's an incredible turnaround. Liverpool and Man City just have this aura or feeling around them at the moment that you can never write them off and when they need a goal they'll find one. It doesn't always happen but more often than not it does. I guess it's similar to United in the 90s. 

• Like 2

On 02/05/2019 at 07:38, Zatman said:

Tonight again just shows how good the Premier League really is. Throw all the money in the world like City and Liverpool did but no real quality

😋

• Haha 1

Their CB's are really good. They fully deserved that result, that was extremely impressive without Firminho and Salah as well. The barca manager will prolly get the axe for that.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Incredible turnaround. They have a special player in Alex-Arnold. Should be England right-back for years to come. 

Very poised young player.

How the **** have Barcelona bottled a 3 goal lead twice in two years in the CL. Absolutely pathetic. 

Fair pay to Liverpool, plenty of people have been happy to take the piss for years when they fall short, but imagine seeing that kind of thing at VP. That'd be the happiest night of my life. Well done to them. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Fair play to Liverpool, to be honest. Whatever you think of the fans, they have a class manager, and some really top drawer players, and they play brave, exciting football. They also just knocked out one of the most arrogant smarmy teams in world football.

Some of the key groundwork for Liverpool's current success was done by Christian Purslow - so bodes well for our future as a club. UTV

The manager might be class. But he definitely isn't classy.

• Like 3

Incredible turnaround - well worth remembering that, although the result was a one-off, they played incredibly well in the first leg too. I can’t remember seeing a side play such good attacking football against Barcelona for a long time.

It will rightfully get media praise. 

Yeah they deserve the praise today, its the other times they dont. Have seen them win champions league so not bothered if they win it, its league they want. 

Tinpot trophy anyway unless they change the name.  No team left are league champions from last season

• Like 2

Liverpool were very good.

BUT.

I think that if this was Man City, Juve or any other top team, they wouldn't have bottled it the way that Barca did.

The terrible, arrogant and mindless Barca performance was a catalyst for the great Liverpool win. But then again, you can only play who is in front of you.

Twice on the way to work I was subjected to You'll Never Walk Alone. And endless eulogising about how special Anfield is. And so on and so on.

What was I listening to? No, not a sports station but Radio 4! For only twenty minutes! Aaarrrggghhhhhh....

• Haha 3

Â