Rino8

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/02/2019 at 00:09, Zatman said:

Liverpool havent won a league in nearly 30 years

I know the media have a scouse quota but it must  be near the stage when we can stop calling them a big club just big spenders

Guess the Champions League win and final appearances mean nothing, plus the plethora of other cups they've won during that time......plus the 50k+ fans they get every week and could easily fit in another 15-20k if they had the space, the big names playing for them, the big names managing them......

I hate Liverpool as much as the next person but to try and claim they're not a big club is cray.

• Like 2

9 major trophies in 30 seasons when they are mainly in 4 competitions a season isn't really that impressive for a "big club" . Amazingly 4 of the cup final wins came against lower league opposition

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Guess the Champions League win and final appearances mean nothing, plus the plethora of other cups they've won during that time......plus the 50k+ fans they get every week and could easily fit in another 15-20k if they had the space, the big names playing for them, the big names managing them......

I hate Liverpool as much as the next person but to try and claim they're not a big club is cray.

The trouble is a majority of those fans were brought up when Liverpool were the dominant force in the 70s and 80s, the generations after have it drummed into them that winning is expected as its something they did in the past.

Historically of course they are a big club, a huge part of the fabric that is English football but that does not mean the media should put them above the rest, but because a large number of the media are Liverpool fans judging by the bullshit they spout about that club. 

They'll slowly die off. Might take another 20-30 years. Then you have the man u lot who seem to be taking over, then Chelsea lot, then I presume man City lot... 

With regards to pool I've seen less bottling in a Coca-Cola factory. Shame they've cocked it up so soon I was hoping for a seven point lead with 9 to play for, only for them to only get one more point for the rest of the season 😁😁😁😁

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

No mention Klopp altercation with the ballboy, shows again the happy act is a farce. I think he would have done something stupid until he realised where he was

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yes they are a giant of a club.  - They probably behind only Man City in terms of spending in recent years though - I don't know but on a ratio of money spent <> trophies won they must fare pretty badly. In addition Klopp made a big stand on how he wouldn't be buying trophies - but then has proceeded to try and do precisely that. 

18 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

The trouble is a majority of those fans were brought up when Liverpool were the dominant force in the 70s and 80s, the generations after have it drummed into them that winning is expected as its something they did in the past.

Historically of course they are a big club, a huge part of the fabric that is English football but that does not mean the media should put them above the rest, but because a large number of the media are Liverpool fans judging by the bullshit they spout about that club. 

They've been to the CL final 3 times in ~15 years, winning one of them. They're not as successful as they once were, but they're a massive club now, not just 'historically'

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Liverpool winning the league would be horrific and the wankfest would be unbearable, but on the other hand, it would really really hurt Man United fans.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Would City winning not piss off both  😁

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hippo said:

Yes they are a giant of a club.  - They probably behind only Man City in terms of spending in recent years though - I don't know but on a ratio of money spent <> trophies won they must fare pretty badly. In addition Klopp made a big stand on how he wouldn't be buying trophies - but then has proceeded to try and do precisely that. 

Depends what you class as spending.  Didn't they just break a record for the most profit over a season/year or something?

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

Depends what you class as spending.  Didn't they just break a record for the most profit over a season/year or something?

I see your point but I don't think it takes away from hippo's point.

Whether they've made profits or not, they've still spent an obscene amount of money and have nothing really to show for it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Whether they've made profits or not, they've still spent an obscene amount of money and have nothing really to show for it.

Yep, on 3 players this season they spent £150m (Allison, Keita & Fabinho) that's before you add the £141m of 3 players (Van Dyke, Chamberlain and Salah) last season.

£291m on those 6 players alone in transfer fee's in two seasons and they don't look to have improved that much. 

- That makes it even funnier if they fail to win the league.

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it does take away from hippo's point - they're not attempting to "buy trophies".  They've invested heavily but sensibly in key positions where they were weak, following huge sales of key players and have gotten much stronger.  That's basically how every single football team would love to operate.  It isn't the same as Man City buying all the full backs or Chelsea just chucking money at a striker every season.  The ratio of Liverpool signings that have been a success vs. other clubs will be decent I reckon.

Despite the views of Liverpool fans, I think they'd all have taken 1 loss after 29 league games and being 1 point behind Man City, not needing to play them again.  I mean, sure, there's no silverware, but they're comfortably the second best team in the league, behind arguably the best team the league has ever seen, reached the Champions League final last season, are still in the competition (as it stands) this season and have turned records profits over that period.  It's impressive.

• Like 1

On 18/12/2018 at 06:47, TheAuthority said:

I can help it. Because he's a tw*t.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c1897e96175363463

That was during a game FFS

Had he shit himself before running on?

Â