Rino8

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Hahaha 

Credit where it’s due, they have been great this year, city have just been better😴

Could see Madrid coming in for Van Dijk and maybe even Salah. Would be so funny to see the team break up now.

They’d be absolutely nailed on for the net spend trophy then too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Keown going on about how they haven’t blown it, the general consensus among the final score panel is that they haven’t.

Yet back in December the beeb were suggesting it would be “unprecedented” if they didn’t go on to win the league. 

BBC link

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Records were broken, history was made and plenty of goals were scored. 

So why would failure to win the title now be unprecedented for Liverpool......

Liverpool move into the new year seven points ahead at the top of the table and no team in Premier League history has been so far clear on New Year's Day and not gone on to win the title. 

Twice teams have been five points in front and finished second, but that is the biggest lead that has slipped at this stage.

BBC link

So, they've broken another great record.

• Like 2

Jesus - did anyone see the ITN news coverage of the Premier league finale - it started and finished with Interviews with Liverpool fans - I don't even think they showed all the man city goals - it was all about Liverpool loosing the title - incredible 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Jesus - did anyone see the ITN news coverage of the Premier league finale - it started and finished with Interviews with Liverpool fans - I don't even think they showed all the man city goals - it was all about Liverpool loosing the title - incredible 

A nation mourns. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, hippo said:

Havent liverpool outspent man city in the last 2 seasons ?

Chuffed to bits they didnt win it.

Klopp will be on soon saying how they wont be spending big in the summer........

Doubt it - they picked up a ton of money for Coutinho whereas Man City have sold no-one of particular note.

I'm fairly sure they broke record profits this season so not exactly throwing money at it ;).  Fair play to them and Spurs for operating in profit and doing well - I find it weird that we seem to both hate those who spend and mock those who seem to do the "right thing".  Football is **** weird though.

25 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Doubt it - they picked up a ton of money for Coutinho whereas Man City have sold no-one of particular note.

I'm fairly sure they broke record profits this season so not exactly throwing money at it ;).  Fair play to them and Spurs for operating in profit and doing well - I find it weird that we seem to both hate those who spend and mock those who seem to do the "right thing".  Football is **** weird though.

I thought I read Klopp had spent £420m at liverpool. Cos mourinho had spent less and won more at Man U.

Spending is part of the modern game - I dont really have a problem with it. What grates is liverpool saying they arent spending big and cant compete with Man City - when Klopp is the biggest spender of the past 2 seasons.

The media story of them being the poor relation to city doesnt bear close scrutiny imo. 

Liverpool did EXTREMELY well to finish on 97 points. It was very close, and they are a great team.

BUT.

They have rode their luck a bit. They were 1 goal from being knocked out of CL, Allison saved them with a last minute 1v1 against Napoli. In the league, they scored most late goals. They didn't finish teams off in the Man City fashion. They had too many draws and close calls, i.e. the famous Pickford mess up.

It just wasn't as comfortable and smooth sailing as Man City for me. 

They are very good, but not near the Man City standard just yet.

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 2

Not content with chucking random spaniards in fountains it seems that Martin Mullen also pulled down a stewards trousers outside Anfield this weekend. Adding some extra daftness to the whole thing he appears to be wearing a Barca cap.

And the scousers wonder why everyone think that they are a bunch of cnuts...

Edited by LakotaDakota

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 09:20, Mic09 said:

Liverpool did EXTREMELY well to finish on 97 points. It was very close, and they are a great team.

BUT.

They have rode their luck a bit. They were 1 goal from being knocked out of CL, Allison saved them with a last minute 1v1 against Napoli. In the league, they scored most late goals. They didn't finish teams off in the Man City fashion. They had too many draws and close calls, i.e. the famous Pickford mess up.

It just wasn't as comfortable and smooth sailing as Man City for me. 

They are very good, but not near the Man City standard just yet.

Man City have a fair few 1-0's to be fair and Liverpool have outdone them in Europe again whether they win it or not. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Man City have a fair few 1-0's to be fair and Liverpool have outdone them in Europe again whether they win it or not. 

Yeah, but you could argue Porto was the easiest draw. Liverpool did get lucky there :)

Yes they got lucky there lol but it was a tough group they were in and Bayern in the last 16 as well Barcelona in the semi's and all Man City had to beat was Spurs and they didn't do it. Really we should be seeing a final between the two best teams in England. Spurs did great but City should have beaten them. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/05/2019 at 02:11, LakotaDakota said:

Not content with chucking random spaniards in fountains it seems that Martin Mullen also pulled down a stewards trousers outside Anfield this weekend. Adding some extra daftness to the whole thing he appears to be wearing a Barca cap.

And the scousers wonder why everyone think that they are a bunch of cnuts...

On top of this a Liverpool fan was arrested on Saturday for masturbating in public and then sexually assaulting a woman. I flagged this up on a Liverpool w@nkfest article in The Guardian, and questioned the lack of a mention in the English press. Within minutes I was ridiculed by red scouse fans. Then my comment was removed.

It seems The Guardian's #metoo agenda still loses in a fight with keeping the scousers onside with their love fest.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Club and fanbase I detest the most.

They are horrible yet think sun shines out their arse.

Mark Lawrenson said the other day that they are everybody 2nd favourite team 😂😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mark Lawrenson said the other day that they are everybody 2nd favourite team 😂😂

It’s been thrown around for years, funnily enough usually by ex liverpool players, bunch of deluded tosspots.

People would rather see Shamima Begum back in the country before seeing them do well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â