Rino8

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don’t like them, but fair bloody play. What a night that would have been at Anfield. I hope they win it for Klopp . The last two years they have been brilliant. 

I like Klopp but I still don't want Liverpool to win anything. 

Fwiw - Man City to Win Lge, Ajax to win Champs Lge and Villa to win play offs outright pays a tempting 11/1 with Coral.  

• Like 1

I love coming to work today to a handful of 'Liverpool fans' who have never previously mentioned they support Liverpool, have never been to Liverpool and have no association with Liverpool.

One of them didn't even know Liverpool were playing yesterday until I told them.

• Haha 2

Great to watch. 

People bit keen to anoint the greatest ever constantly these days. Can we not enjoy for a while first? Not as good as Barca 6-1 PSG anyway.

It's been welcomed a bit more after City managed to win as well. Can guarantee if they were on for the double many people would be much quieter.

• Like 2

Fair play to them.

Incredible comeback, no matter how bad Barca were. Anyone beating Barcelona 4-0 is a great result, never mind already being 3-0 down from the first leg.

I still hate them and still want them to lose the final horribly, but you have to take your hat off to them

• Like 2

Pfff the Sweden comeback away against Germany blows this out of the water with ease :D

From 0-4 to 4-4 in 30 mins.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Great to watch. 

People bit keen to anoint the greatest ever constantly these days. Can we not enjoy for a while first? Not as good as Barca 6-1 PSG anyway.

It's been welcomed a bit more after City managed to win as well. Can guarantee if they were on for the double many people would be much quieter.

Yes, while this isn’t unique to Liverpool, this aspect of the game is something I really dislike. 

• Like 2

Didn’t see it and I’m so glad I didn’t catch the coverage of how amazing the Kop is, but of course it’s a good result. ( other good results are available).

Im in the “ hope they fail miserably in the Final camp”.

But here’s an example of why we all dread them winning things, how unbearable it would be....

I have literally just woke up from a nice lie in, ruined by a dream where my identity was flitting between being myself, Matthew Lowton, and Matthew Lowtons Dad - making my debut at Anfield. I won’t bore you with the rather weird details but suffice to say I was told at half time I’d be coming on.

So I go to the loo ( rather oddly a urinal next to a small door players entrance ( not a euphemism) wher3 all their suits were hanging up.

Half way through doing my business and in walks Stevie Gerrard, says, “ how about that last night then” ? And I, I can’t think of anything better than to say “ Yes, that was brilliant, you must all be really thrilled about it”

So even in my dream I had to acknowledge the b##£ 🤢🤬

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Fair play to Liverpool, to be honest. Whatever you think of the fans, they have a class manager, and some really top drawer players, and they play brave, exciting football. They also just knocked out one of the most arrogant smarmy teams in world football.

Some of the key groundwork for Liverpool's current success was done by Christian Purslow - so bodes well for our future as a club. UTV

It’s not the fans ( not for me anyway) it’s the media. Utterly vomit inducing.

Just now, terrytini said:

It’s not the fans ( not for me anyway) it’s the media. Utterly vomit inducing.

For me it's both.

On the flip side I don't really dislike their players, manager or even the club that much.

10 hours ago, Hornso said:

That's an incredible turnaround. Liverpool and Man City just have this aura or feeling around them at the moment that you can never write them off and when they need a goal they'll find one. It doesn't always happen but more often than not it does. I guess it's similar to Aston Villa under Deano

FFY.

1 minute ago, sne said:

For me it's both.

On the flip side I don't really dislike their players, manager or even the club that much.

I’m not convinced whenever anyone slates a Clubs fans. Every Club has its share of heroes, intellectuals, know it alls, cavemen.

( with the obvious exception of Blues, who only have the cavemen).

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I’m not convinced whenever anyone slates a Clubs fans. Every Club has its share of heroes, intellectuals, know it alls, cavemen.

( with the obvious exception of Blues, who only have the cavemen).

True but Plop has shown enough over the years that they have a rather large group of knuckledraggers.

Fwiw the one I know are all really nice people.

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Liverpool were very good.

BUT.

I think that if this was Man City, Juve or any other top team, they wouldn't have bottled it the way that Barca did.

The terrible, arrogant and mindless Barca performance was a catalyst for the great Liverpool win. But then again, you can only play who is in front of you.

I'll turn that around and say I don't think Man City would have turned a 3-0 deficit around. Just far more passion at Liverpool than there is at City, starting with the manager. Has there ever been a more passionate manager. Even he was lost for words in his post match interviews. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'll turn that around and say I don't think Man City would have turned a 3-0 deficit around. Just far more passion at Liverpool than there is at City, starting with the manager. Has there ever been a more passionate manager. Even he was lost for words in his post match interviews. 

Good point.

7 hours ago, terrytini said:

Half way through doing my business and in walks Stevie Gerrard, says, “ how about that last night then” ? And I, I can’t think of anything better than to say “ Yes, that was brilliant, you must all be really thrilled about it”

So even in my dream I had to acknowledge the b##£ 🤢🤬

You are lucky he didn't uppercut you then claim self defence

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

Has there ever been a more passionate manager. Even he was lost for words in his post match interviews. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I assume the assistant was based on one of many Villa assistants. 

So we lost 0-6 to Liverpool, but yeah that Kolo Toure is some player. 3 cheers for Kolo Toure

Â