Rino8

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think it does take away from hippo's point - they're not attempting to "buy trophies".  They've invested heavily but sensibly in key positions where they were weak, following huge sales of key players and have gotten much stronger.  That's basically how every single football team would love to operate.  It isn't the same as Man City buying all the full backs or Chelsea just chucking money at a striker every season.  The ratio of Liverpool signings that have been a success vs. other clubs will be decent I reckon.

I don’t think that was hippos point. 

I think his point was merely that for the amount of money they have spent, they should have won more. 

How they’re operating is irrelevant to that. 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think that was hippos point. 

I think his point was merely that for the amount of money they have spent, they should have won more. 

How they’re operating is irrelevant to that. 

hippo specifically stated "Klopp made a big stand on how he wouldn't be buying trophies - but then has proceeded to try and do precisely that".  This isn't what they're doing, thus it's entirely about how they're operating.

Will agree to disagree though :) 

21 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think it does take away from hippo's point - they're not attempting to "buy trophies".  They've invested heavily but sensibly in key positions where they were weak, following huge sales of key players and have gotten much stronger.  That's basically how every single football team would love to operate.  It isn't the same as Man City buying all the full backs or Chelsea just chucking money at a striker every season.  The ratio of Liverpool signings that have been a success vs. other clubs will be decent I reckon.

Despite the views of Liverpool fans, I think they'd all have taken 1 loss after 29 league games and being 1 point behind Man City, not needing to play them again.  I mean, sure, there's no silverware, but they're comfortably the second best team in the league, behind arguably the best team the league has ever seen, reached the Champions League final last season, are still in the competition (as it stands) this season and have turned records profits over that period.  It's impressive.

He has improved Liverpool since he joined them. He will be judged on trophies won though. The competition is tough in the Premier League. their challengers are arguably the best team ever in the Premier League. I know Klopp has spent large sums but not really up front. Unlike City they haven't got the options there if the front three get injured or have dips in form. Sturridge is now a waste of space. 

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

He has improved Liverpool since he joined them. He will be judged on trophies won though. The competition is tough in the Premier League. their challengers are arguably the best team ever in the Premier League. I know Klopp has spent large sums but not really up front. Unlike City they haven't got the options there if the front three get injured or have dips in form. Sturridge is now a waste of space. 

Has he really improved them though? Rodgers got a hand on the league in his 2nd season without spending so much

Probably spent as much as City since he joined but Klopp doesnt want win titles by spending money

• 1 month later...

AS are known for spouting bs, but not great for the title race if true.

The star of Liverpool, Mohamed Salah (26 years old), can be one of the jewels of the next summer market. As As has been able to know, the Egyptian forward has asked the leaders of the English club to transfer him at the end of this season.The reason why Salah wants to leave Liverpool is a strong discussion he has had for some time with coach Jurgen Klopp and what sources of English costumes have confirmed to this newspaper.

The discomfort of the Egyptian is of such caliber that he would have even informed the Liverpool management that he was going to request the 'Transfer request' (it is a mechanism articulated by the Premier League by which a football player officially communicates to his club the desire to be transferred). Finally, the mediation of the owners of the club have managed to persuade him not to accept that formula. In return, they have committed to facilitate their transfer if at the end of the season they keep their idea of leaving Anfield.

Faced with this new scenario opens the possibility that the great Europeans can take over the services of Mo Salah. Madrid showed interest in the Egyptian last season, but finally could not sign him. This season is not one of the priorities of Zidane, but if it were put to shot Madrid could enter the bid. In the hypothetical case that Salah ended up recalling at Madrid, he would share costumes with Sergio Ramos. Both staged an action, during the Champions League final in Kiev, for which the striker had to be replaced with a shoulder injury that came to put at risk his presence in the World Cup in Russia.

https://as.com/futbol/2019/04/16/internacional/1555439593_349816.html?id_externo_rsoc=CM_ES_TW

Also, boy is Google translate struggling with their Spanish to English translations :D 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, villakram said:

Imagine being this good and winning nothing...

tenor.gif

Would be fairly unprecedented I reckon.

Theoretically, they could get 97 points in the league and not win the title.  What the actual **** :crylaugh: 

Hopefully we can also end this weird confusion that Van Dijk is some defensive guru. Not sure why but Premier League forwards are afraid to attack him but he really is not that special 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Hopefully we can also end this weird confusion that Van Dijk is some defensive guru. Not sure why but Premier League forwards are afraid to attack him but he really is not that special 

Honestly the pundits have been going on like he's some Beckenbauer/maldini/Moore hybrid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Honestly the pundits have been going on like he's some Beckenbauer/maldini/Moore hybrid.

Incredible how he's suddenly become the best center half in the world after joining Liverpool, whereas I bet these same pundits wouldn't even consider him in the top 15 this time last year. 

Don't get me wrong, he's very good but the hyperbole is off the charts. You wouldn't see it if he played for Chelsea or Arsenal let's put it that way.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Incredible how he's suddenly become the best center half in the world after joining Liverpool, whereas I bet these same pundits wouldn't even consider him in the top 15 this time last year. 

Don't get me wrong, he's very good but the hyperbole is off the charts. You wouldn't see it if he played for Chelsea or Arsenal let's put it that way.

He’s good, but he’s no Tyrone Mings.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

When you think about it who are the truly elite strikers he faces in the prem? 2 or 3p

Â