Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

This - he can't run at the speed of an average full back, let alone the speed of light.

Which could be offset to an extent if he possessed sound defensive reading but alas, he has none.

Apparently he's been offered to Burnley as part of a deal lined up for their RB Trippier

i don't think trippier will sign for us, but lowton may still go to burnley

I've always thought he'd might make a better central midfielder rather than a full back.

I'm looking forward to him being sold, so that I don't have to see people talking about him playing in central midfield anymore ;)
  • Like 4

Worth the punt, he's contribution in 2012/13 was repayed with some crucial goals and assists, however that first season was tainted by some very poor defending, losing markers, not tracking back, no surprise he lost his place when it became obvious he wasn't learning from those mistakes.

Ultimately not really good enough for where we want to be but he gets a cheers matt and good Luck from me

Edited by Jimzk5

and the goal at stoke a couple of seasons ago. I like Lowton. A footballing fullback who would have been a great in 70s or 80s.

Think that's pushing it a bit to be fair. Even the great Sir Stanley Matthews only played into his 50s.

Too lightweight for me not commanding enough at centre back and robust enough defensively.

He has had some decent moments in a game.....another one that is not durable or strong enough for me.

Edited by TRO

Â