Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

He's the kind of player we should be keeping on the books IMO.

Versatile, not on a huge contract, and has proven he can play in the league. While not a superstar or solid first choice, he's a good option to have off the bench and good cover.

He is terrible, if he is the sort of player we should have on our books then we may as well give up now

I'll be sad to see him go. He has potential as a wing back imo: Very good crosses, though not much good at defending. Without Bacuna he'd be a decent enough backup, or someone to bring on when we're chasing the game. As it is, Bacuna is that player and a good one too.

Simply doesn't have enough physicality to get by in this league. Good ability but you need to have great ability if you're both slow and weak like Matty.

Edited by myko

If your best selling point is that you're versatile, you're probably not good enough to play in the premier league.

What kind of nonsense is this?  James Milner's best selling point is being "versatile" and he's a cracking player.

He is terrible, if he is the sort of player we should have on our books then we may as well give up now

It's a moot point but if it wasn't for him being in the right place at the right time (and of course a rush of blood to Fosters Head) then we'd not have beaten West Brom and it would have been a more of a squeaky bum time than it was and we'd probably not have gone on that run of wins as it would have deflated the team and more pressure - but each to their own - think myself there is something there - he does seem to have a great cross on him - remember that goal scored by Benteke I think. And that wonder strike against Stoke. 

It's a moot point but if it wasn't for him being in the right place at the right time (and of course a rush of blood to Fosters Head) then we'd not have beaten West Brom and it would have been a more of a squeaky bum time than it was and we'd probably not have gone on that run of wins as it would have deflated the team and more pressure - but each to their own - think myself there is something there - he does seem to have a great cross on him - remember that goal scored by Benteke I think. And that wonder strike against Stoke. 

Good points and what I always think about when I think of Lowton.

How quick we are to forget...

Edited by Craigy1874

Â