Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Even if he was the best player ever, I would still be annoyed by that thing he does when he starts flailing his arms about like a girl because he has just realised he has absolutely no idea where he is supposed to be on the pitch.

Slow, weak, positionally poor and flaily armed. Admittedly he can pass a bit.

• 1 month later...

Well he's not getting in the 18 even though we've still got defenders injured...I suppose he's worth keeping as he can cover both full back positions but maybe loan him out start of next season if we sign another LB.

Would put him in ahead of Richardson in a heartbeat. Mind you, I'd say that if he was blind and had broken both legs...

In all seriousness, Lowton is a good attacking player who lacks a little defensively. He's a very able back up for a team that hovers in the middle to lower table. I'd put him in the same bracket as Bacuna in that regard. And that goal against Stoke will mean I probably give him far more praise than he deserves for the rest of his career!

A bit harsh to say the least. He played left back for a few games recently and did quite well. Admittedly, he's not the best player in our squad, but the last few games he didn't disappoint.

Also in his first season here, he played almost every game and he was rarely questioned. Bacuna is positionally just as weak on defense, yet he is doing well the last few months. There a decent player in Lowton, maybe not a regular starter, but I'm happy to keep him as a Squad player.

A bit harsh to say the least. He played left back for a few games recently and did quite well. Admittedly, he's not the best player in our squad, but the last few games he didn't disappoint.

Also in his first season here, he played almost every game and he was rarely questioned. Bacuna is positionally just as weak on defense, yet he is doing well the last few months. There a decent player in Lowton, maybe not a regular starter, but I'm happy to keep him as a Squad player.

His positioning and defence were questioned a lot in his first season. He just got a pass because he was doing OK going forward and it was his first season. And because of those 2 games against Sunderland and Stoke. Other than that the defence was really poor the whole season and he was a big part of it and a big part of why it was so bad. Then his second season he didn't progress and is on a downward spiral now. 

Bacuna isn't very good defensively either, but he can compensate with his quickness and strength from time to time. 

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

Well he's not getting in the 18 even though we've still got defenders injured...I suppose he's worth keeping as he can cover both full back positions but maybe loan him out start of next season if we sign another LB.

That's because the defenders injured are 2 CB and he's a RB of which we have 3. Sherwood will only play a FB on the wrong side if he has too so he won't get in in front of Richardson. It's a shame as he's a good player he's just a little slow compared to the others. He'd be a good signing for a top end championship team.

I am not sure he is any better than Richardson for that left back spot. That is the area we definitely need to buy for, probably right back too. I like Bacuna, but I think it would make a big difference to the team to strengthen in those two areas.

I am not sure he is any better than Richardson for that left back spot. That is the area we definitely need to buy for, probably right back too. I like Bacuna, but I think it would make a big difference to the team to strengthen in those two areas.

Right back, we've got Hutton?

He is probably more technical and skillful than Bacuna and Richardson but he lacks that yard of pace for this league. I said before he would do a good job on the continent

Right back, we've got Hutton?

Yes, I know, Bacuna and Hutton are both good in their own way, but I think we still need someone better.

Not as badly as we need a left back obviously.

• 4 weeks later...

May be joining Weimann in a move across to Derby

You heard something with this and Wiemann?

My mate from Derby seems very sure about Weimann, Lowton not as sure but definitely a possibility. Weimann deal should be done by next week.

Happy birthday to Lowton btw, 26 today.

May be joining Weimann in a move across to Derby

You heard something with this and Wiemann?

My mate from Derby seems very sure about Weimann, Lowton not as sure but definitely a possibility. Weimann deal should be done by next week.

Happy birthday to Lowton btw, 26 today.

Interesting. Lowton I could see going but I never thought Wiemann would step down a division. Squad rebuild underway

Â