Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Again, the right move for us and, again, a player I once had high hopes for. His performance against Sunderland was one of the best individual perfomances by a Villa full back I have ever seen. Good luck to him.

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 1

i liked him, thought he had a decent cross on him from deep, think somewhere between the grief with his missus, us being shite and him not quite being able to fully make the step up he's unfortuantely fallen just short

nothing ventured nothing gained, i thought he'd make it here tbh

then again i also didnt think that alan hutton would put in the level of performance that he did to keep him out of the team

This seems a sensible move for all parties concerned.

Lowton showed promise going forward but defensively never convinced - if Dyche can get him defending better then Burnley will have a good player on their hands.

The Sunderland performance and the Stoke wonder goal are great Lowton memories!

• Like 2

The type of player who has made watching the club less and less enjoyable. Glad we're shipping them out.

Yet he probably gave us the most "enjoyable" moment in recent seasons :o

One great goal doesn't make up for 4 years of shit. Not saying its all down to lowton obviously, just signing these type of very average players.

Shame about the classless posts eh.

Thanks for Sunderland and Stoke Matty. Wishing him good luck for the future :thumb:

Not sure if that's aimed at me but you should go back and check the type of stuff you posted about cleverly early on and Sherwood before he joined.

good luck to him in the future but hope we learn from the mistake of giving players new deals after one season

FWIW I think Lowton is a good footballer but not physically able for Premier League and would be good in a slower tempo league

• Like 2

I've never seen a team win 6-1, with the forward scoring a hat-trick and central midfielder having one of his best ever games and still being outshone by a right back.

I've never quite seen anything like it at Villa, you see Danny Alves have amazing games quite often, but Lowton matched him that night, he was absolutely superb.  I'd like to watch that match again actually, just so I can watch his performance.  One of those 11/10 performances where everything he did was absolutely perfect.

A real shame he didn't kick on from a pretty good first season really, but good luck to him at Burnley, he'll have a real chance of coming straight back up I imagine.

• Like 2

Â