Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

From the outside under Lambert he seemed to have no career here.

I am not sure whether we tried to loan him out and we couldn't shift him as it seemed strange he remainded when  he wasn't getting a look in what so ever.

Continues this until the end of the season and he might just have a PL career in him.

Shirt is his to lose, even playing out of position.

He has done reasonably well in the last few games but I still can't help feeling this has been largely due to playing rather negative opponents who also lacked any real pace in the side.

Swansea place their offensive emphasis on wingers like Routledge, Dyer and Montero and therefore I'm struggling to envisage Lowton holding his own against any one of those.

If either Cissokho or Richardson are fit, then the change should be made. I was quite vocally against the idea of Richardson at full-back but he was one of the better players on the pitch before having to come off against Stoke. With the 'Sherwood effect' really transforming certain players, I'd be intrested to see what he can do Richardson now.

• 3 weeks later...

Another poor performance from him today - been awful. 

Didn't think he was too bad to be honest.  All of Man Utd's threat came from the opposite side of the pitch than the one he was playing on.  Hutton, in particular, had a torrid time.

I think he's filled in pretty well at left back.

• Like 1

Didn't think he was too bad to be honest.  All of Man Utd's threat came from the opposite side of the pitch than the one he was playing on.  Hutton, in particular, had a torrid time.

Yeah, didn't really notice Matt at all, which in this instance, is a good thing.

agreed. he's played very solid football when called upon.  he also floats in very nice crosses, they hang up nicely

I agree with lexicon. United's width generally came down their left but whenever questions were asked of Lowton, he failed to have the answer. He is without doubt a piss-poor defender, always has been.

He wasn't that bad today, but we really need him back on the right and Cissokho on the left vs QPR.

I think we need Vlaar back also, but not sure to replace who.

I don't get how Senderos, Richardson and Cissokho are all not back yet, none of them were meant to have bad injuries.

At the moment I feel like the difference between relegation and survival will be injuries as everytime we get a half decent line up out that line up changes the next week due to injury.

That and Sherwood deciding not to play Gil.

Tough to tell what to do with him because he's technically a very nice footballer.

So slow and weak though.

He could become a decent holding midfielder lower down the leagues.

Â