Brett Holman

ozvillafan

While there are a lot to like about Brett Holman, he simply isn't good enough for the Villa (any more, I might add). It's to his credit that he wants to play and arranges for this to happen instead of just sitting on his bum collecting wages.

Good luck on your new adventure, Brett!

Not too surprised to see him go.

He wants regular football in preparation for the World Cup, which he'll get at Al Nasr. 

Don't think this move will help though in terms of quality of opposition. Also, I have no doubt that Rogic will take his spot in the national team by the time the WC rolls around.

Best of luck to him. Thanks for your services to Aston Villa.

Took the easy way out. Thanks for the hardwork Bret. Best of luck with your new team.

Would've thought the easy way was to sit on your backside and collect wages. He'd have had plenty of company in this Villa side.

He needs regular football if he wants to play in the WC. He wont get that here.

had nothing against him, did a job but just never seemed a villa player and i couldn't see him staying longer than a year. hope he goes on to be a heskey and become an elite striker in a lower league

When he signed for us I didn't want him here but I wanted him to prove me wrong. He has ability but when it manifests itself it almost seems accidental.

I think Lambert had him pegged as a liability for the relegation scrap and probably rightly so. I did a few days so he would be off if we qualified for the world cup, but I didn't expect he would be so desperate as to take the first offer that came along.

I must say I am disappointed that he hasn't tried to make a go of it in the Premier League or the championship at least. Seems he has taken the easiest option.

That said, he had probably yet to make any serious money out of his career thus far and he is not getting any younger so maybe this is his big chance to set his family up financially.

Either way Good luck Bert, hope to see you warming the bench in Rio.

I thouhgt the new Des Bremner, someone elsesaid Frank Carradous and I'd go along with that too.

Someone else said N R Coker - nowhere near for me.....Holman was like an extra player and I would stick my neck out and say for all Vlaars intimidation and good defending, and Bentekes announcement of his talent, and the passing and everything else, for all that, I think |Holman was the key to it all, and the performance it would be most difficult to replicate, and the one we would miss most if injured, especially against ball playing oppositon like Swansea.

Not only the 100 times he closed people down, (often one after the other) but the example this set for the others, demanding by example that everybody joined in the fight together.

Brilliant display. Someone said not great coz it's not Messi - over a full season in this particular League, for this particular Club, at this time in the development , I would prefer Holman.

Had a little chuckle at this post, at the start of this thread. 

A hard-worker who was not good enough technically to contribute here. Thanks Brett, but bye.

Edited by Cizzler

People saying he 'needs' regular first team football - in all honesty though, how much regular first team football do you need to play for Australia?!?!

They're not exactly overflowing with superstars.........

Anyway, bit of a shame as would have made a decent squad player I think but not good enough to be a regular starter and very admirable that he'd rather go play regularly for some team I've never heard of than sit on the bench here and collect a very nice wage I'm sure....

People saying he 'needs' regular first team football - in all honesty though, how much regular first team football do you need to play for Australia?!?!

Anyway, bit of a shame as would have made a decent squad player I think but not good enough to be a regular starter and very admirable that he'd rather go play regularly for some team I've never heard of than sit on the bench here and collect a very nice wage I'm sure....

He won't be taking a pay cut where he is going..

Exactly. Players over here are paid a ridiculous amount and at 29 year of age, he's secured his future for the rest of his days.

Nearer Australia and a decent place to live too, I wouldn't feel too sorry for old Brett right now.

Edited by StanBalaban

Both Lucas Neill and Mark Bresciano have prolonged their international careers playing Club football in the middle East so I guess there was a bit of advice flowing Brett's way during the recent matches.

I haven't said he would?

Â