Brett Holman

ozvillafan

I still think he is decent player for us and I think Lambert likes him around the squad as he doesnt seem to have an attitude, he was usually brought on as a sub and if we want to challenge we need players like him in the squad for when rotation in cup games.

But I think I read Lambert said he wants 1st team football so will probably be end of him at Villa

I still think he is decent player for us and I think Lambert likes him around the squad as he doesnt seem to have an attitude, he was usually brought on as a sub and if we want to challenge we need players like him in the squad for when rotation in cup games.

But I think I read Lambert said he wants 1st team football so will probably be end of him at Villa

No point having a rotation player on the amount Ireland is on..

I doubt he is on as much as Ireland, but I really don't know.

Zatman is right. Brett is in his prime, age-wise and he will want first team football and he wont be getting it here. He'll be looking for a move even if it means less money.

I'd say he's on about a third of what Ireland is to be honest

he would be on 25 - 30k max - coming out of the dutch leagues - similar to cardboard ron and KEA...

i just get the sense that if he gets a bit of a run in a team, whether its the socceroos or the villa, he'll get his confidence up and we'll see a completely different player to the one who is being used for 15 minutes every 6 - 8 weeks...

Never have rated him. Nothing against his effort and work rate - they're second to none and should be applauded. I just don't think he's a good enough footballer unfortunately. Would probably very well in the Championship, but I highly doubt he would fancy going down there.

Think he'll probably end up staying though, unless Lambert says he can't promise him first team football.

If Aus beat Iraq on Tuesday and reach the world cup he will be off this season.

Even if one of the first names on the team sheet for the socceroos now, he won't want to leave it to chance by not playing regularly.

Even if no buyers materialize I reckon he would ask to go out on loan, especially if yet another midfielder comes in.

Good work ethic, not quite good enough though. It's a shame but it looks like competition for places is going to be even harder next season for this chap and as he isn't a Lambert signing I'd say he's on his way and good luck to him.

AL Nasr Club (@ALNasrSC) tweeted at 3:45 PM on Thu, Jun 20, 2013:

Australian player Bert Holman victory new striker

(https://twitter.com/ALNasrSC/status/347726953530417153)

Bert Holman joins Al Nasr! Mental.

In all seriousness though I didn't see this coming, very odd but I guess we've made a profit being as he was free.

InB4thelock.

Edited by samjp26

He wants regular football but with all the younger players come in and coming through in his position he's going to have to move on. If so I think he's got enough to stay in this league, would be an excellent signing for a promoted side at around £2M-3M.

He wants regular football but with all the younger players come in and coming through in his position he's going to have to move on. If so I think he's got enough to stay in this league, would be an excellent signing for a promoted side at around £2M-3M.

He's gone mate, intrigued to see how much for though I would assume less than £1m.

Can't say I'll miss him but at least Lambert gave him a chance being as he wasn't his signing.

Good luck to him. No hard feelings and it's nice to have someone leave and not have the feeling we got the shitty end of the stick. Even the 'outs' are good this season :D

• Like 3

Â