Brett Holman

ozvillafan

i liked brett, always worked hard and kept going, although his best position was never clear to me, support striker, right winger, centre attacking mid, he only had half the qualities to fulfill any of these positions

i think had we played 4-4-2 and probably got relegated, he would be perfect sitting just behind the striker

• 11 months later...

i liked brett, always worked hard and kept going, although his best position was never clear to me, support striker, right winger, centre attacking mid, he only had half the qualities to fulfill any of these positions

i think had we played 4-4-2 and probably got relegated, he would be perfect sitting just behind the striker

He was one of the worst 'footballers' I have ever seen. Sure he could strike one every know and again, but so could Craig Gardner, and Holman made Gardner look like Iniesta when it came to first touch and passing abilities.

Typical Mcleish tripe, will run through brick walls for you but don't ask him to pass a ball...to feet...from 5 yards away.

‘‘But I can look back and say I experienced it, that I played at Anfield and that St James Park was crammed with 50,000 Geordies going crazy. In one way it was a bad thing, but I did see Manchester United win a title when they bashed us at Old Trafford and Robin van Persie scored a hat-trick.

‘‘It was all an experience and while it might not have been the best of seasons for me there were some good memories.’’

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup-2014/australia-2014/brett-holman-no-world-cup-spot-but-also-no-regrets-20140531-zrtql.html#ixzz350aLhoIj

Getting smashed by United constitutes as a good memory for him. What a loser.

‘‘But I can look back and say I experienced it, that I played at Anfield and that St James Park was crammed with 50,000 Geordies going crazy. In one way it was a bad thing, but I did see Manchester United win a title when they bashed us at Old Trafford and Robin van Persie scored a hat-trick.

‘‘It was all an experience and while it might not have been the best of seasons for me there were some good memories.’’

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup-2014/australia-2014/brett-holman-no-world-cup-spot-but-also-no-regrets-20140531-zrtql.html#ixzz350aLhoIj

Getting smashed by United constitutes as a good memory for him. What a loser.

Jesus find anything to pick on hey? Obviously talking about his overall Premier League experience, stop being petty ffs.

Australia went for a youth policy this World Cup and the over 25s didn't make the grade unless they were actually going to add real quality (Cahill and Breciano). 

There was no point taking Holman from a squad development point of view. 

Â