Shay Given fee and wage and pay off £15m

Jenas arrangement fee and wages £2m

Hutton fee and wages £8m

Holmann wages £2m

NZogbia fee and wages £15m

Lost gate receipts etc £5m

Correct not £40m, closer to £60m

Source? 

I imagine he could make a very good living at Championship level or be a regular feature at a newly promoted club, possibly.

I think we had wrong manager for him. Maybe if he went to a team more workmanlike he would thrive like Stoke or West Ham maybe even Baggies

Compo to SHA £5m

McLeish salary £2m

McLeish pay off £3m

Shay Given fee and wage and pay off £15m

Jenas arrangement fee and wages £2m

Hutton fee and wages £8m

Holmann wages £2m

NZogbia fee and wages £15m

Lost gate receipts etc £5m

Correct not £40m, closer to £60m

Debatable, but fair enough - I thought you were talking about Holman.

not good enough. gary gardner will have a similar work rate. Work rates not enough. Expensive flop. Coming from an Aussie. I don't want him even in our national side.

He was a Bosman and probably on a lesser salary than some other players in squad

compared to Westwood and Sylla hes not. Holman is reportedly on 30-40k.
Reported where? I'd guess about 20-25k. With a zero transfer fee. Cheap as chips. Undoubtedly good value for a good squad player.

He'd benefit from regular game time. He has something of use to someone, just not us. We're a reasonably technical side, we keep the ball on the ground and most if not all of our XI can play football. Holman, unfortunately, doesn't fit with that ethos. I can see why McLeish wanted him mind.

I think he's worth a couple of mill to a reasonable championship side or a lesser league abroad. Surely? Surely not ANOTHER player we can't get anyone to buy?

He'd benefit from regular game time. He has something of use to someone, just not us. We're a reasonably technical side, we keep the ball on the ground and most if not all of our XI can play football. Holman, unfortunately, doesn't fit with that ethos. I can see why McLeish wanted him mind.

I think he's worth a couple of mill to a reasonable championship side or a lesser league abroad. Surely? Surely not ANOTHER player we can't get anyone to buy?

I'm thinking he might do a decent job for Stoke. Would certainly offer more than bloody Ryan Shotton.

• Like 1

I thought he was one of our best players during our really shit period, it's kind of unfortunate that when we started playing well he couldn't get in the side (I think he had injuries didn't he?) to show what he was capable of.  I can't see him having a future under Lambert though, so I hope he can move somewhere he can get games as he'd do a decent job.  I assume Tonev will be taking his place in the squad.

He's like the opposite of Ireland, work's his sock's off but no technical ability whatsoever. Need a bit of both at this level.

We need to combine then somehow...we just need machine like in The Fly!

when we first signed him, i was expecting more goals from him to be honest, in reflection i have no idea why

as mentioned, better suited to championship or europe

we should really consider using unwanted players as make weights, well, worth trying anyway...

Some of you guys are unbeleivable.

I don't care if he doesn't have the technical ability/composure of ireland, we need some players with grit to impose ourselves on the sunderlunds/stokes/birminghams of this world.

I follow an italian team which is full of technical players but that team's supporters are complaining about the lack of grit in the so called technically gifted players.

You need both types in a team, and that doesn't mean that Holman should play in all games but he is better than many people here are whinging about.

I hope he stays and gets the opportunities that Ireland got.

Â