Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Stepped up his game for the national team definitely. Played some excellent defense splitting passes. Tired around the 70 minute mark. Still not sure if he has a future with us though.

Edited by Ghost

I suppose he could be on hefty wages too judging by McLeish's other "deals"

Another reason to get shot I suppose

Probably paying above what he's worth because we got him on a free. 

And obviously because McLeish did the deal.

Yup could easily be on 30k a week which is a joke for his talent

I suppose he could be on hefty wages too judging by McLeish's other "deals"

Another reason to get shot I suppose

Probably paying above what he's worth because we got him on a free. 

And obviously because McLeish did the deal.

Yup could easily be on 30k a week which is a joke for his talent

Yeah, it drives me crazy to think what he could be earning. Obviously we have no idea of the true figure, but it's fun to pick a high number, imagine BH earning it, and then get worked up over it.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 4

he's certainly not the crap player that many of here make him out to be...

work rate as always last night was phenomenal.... couple of cross field passes were quite brilliant, but i can't say that he bossed the game....

which is something that i could say for both honda and kagawa, who i thought were great...

having said that, best on ground for me was the 35 year old, clubless, not match fit Lucas Neill..... which probably says it all...

not good enough. gary gardner will have a similar work rate. Work rates not enough. Expensive flop. Coming from an Aussie. I don't want him even in our national side.

Holman gave a truly Holman-esque performance for Australia last night. His work-rate was exceptional, he intercepted plenty of balls, supported the forwards well and played some decent passes.

However, he was also responsible for turning over a lot of ball mostly through his poor control and technique. This was in start contrast to his partner in midfield (Mark Bresciano), who had the bigger impact in our effective possession, moving the ball nicely and rarely conceding possession.

I like Homan, yet he frustrates me at the same time. I'm not convinced he is right for Villa, as every performance seems to be a bit "Jekyll and Hyde".

not good enough. gary gardner will have a similar work rate. Work rates not enough. Expensive flop. Coming from an Aussie. I don't want him even in our national side.

He was a Bosman and probably on a lesser salary than some other players in squad

• Like 2

Typical Holman game vs Japan. Pendulum swinging wildly between utter garbage and utter genius. One particular 40 yard through ball was spectacular.

Is it true that Australia might not even qualify? :o

• Like 1

He was a Bosman and probably on a lesser salary than some other players in squad

compared to Westwood and Sylla hes not. Holman is reportedly on 30-40k.

He's not crap at all.

He's not good enough to be a regular for us, imo. I think he lacks the technical ability to match his workrate.

But that doesn't make him crap.

I imagine he could make a very good living at Championship level or be a regular feature at a newly promoted club, possibly.

Cant see him being on 30-40k as we signed him at a time of penny pinching and coming from AZ i doubt his wages were massive there. 25k max.

He's not crap at all.

He's not good enough to be a regular for us, imo. I think he lacks the technical ability to match his workrate.

But that doesn't make him crap.

I imagine he could make a very good living at Championship level or be a regular feature at a newly promoted club, possibly.

A slightly better version of Reo-coker.

Edited by lp_villa830

Another shocking McLeish signing. How much did that bloke cost the club?

Easily £40m I reckon, probably more In wasted fees wages compo and taking about 8000 off the average gate

Easily £40m I reckon, probably more In wasted fees wages compo and taking about 8000 off the average gate

According to this link it was 4k but that is still a lot.

Ridiculous number.

As of Holman, he's definitely not crap and he could even still be useful against certain teams, but he shouldn't be good enough next season to really warrant a place in any first 11.

Compo to SHA £5m

McLeish salary £2m

McLeish pay off £3m

Shay Given fee and wage and pay off £15m

Jenas arrangement fee and wages £2m

Hutton fee and wages £8m

Holmann wages £2m

NZogbia fee and wages £15m

Lost gate receipts etc £5m

Correct not £40m, closer to £60m

Â