Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Wonder what sort of fee we got for him ? They must obviously have a few quid as they've been trying to get Mano Menezes, Bernd Schuster and Dan Petrescu as there new manager apparently. €2m maybe ? Their record transfer is €8m so not totally out of the question

He was a bit crap but fair play to him for not wanting to sit around collecting his wages.

Best of luck to him.

I would assume the only reason he is going to a team in UAE is wages. Very poor league which could keep him from his World Cup dream he was banging on about the other day.

Reckon he would have doubled his wages with this move based on him being an international who was rated pretty highly in Holland a couple years back.

Are Australia even guaranteed to qualify for the WC? Their national team is a joke atm, evidenced by the fact that this guy has been 'Australian player of the year' two years running - and that it's Tahiti (!) representing that part of the world at the Confed Cup.

Anyway, I've never seen an attacking player struggle to make basic passes in the way that Holman does. No harm on a free though, and we've probably recouped his wages in transfer fees. Good luck to the guy.

They've already qualified along with Japan and South Korea. Will be Iran or Azerbaijan for the last slot from Asia. (as Australia don't even qualify from Oceania)

Edited by StefanAVFC

They've already qualified along with Japan and South Korea. Will be Iran or Azerbaijan for the last slot from Asia. (as Australia don't even qualify from Oceania)

Fair enough. I hadn't realised that Australia had decided to leave Oceania for footballing purposes. 

Bent, Ireland, Hutton, Given and N'Zogbia left?

Id be amazed if we manage to get rid of all of them. I think we could get half decent fees for Bent and Zoggy, the rest you would have to sell for bugger all virtually

Did things in a game which made him look world class 

When?

But good luck to him. Great workrate and attitude, just don't think he quite has the quality for this league.

Hope he does well at his new club.

Played o.k first half of the season, think most would agree for his role in the team he had good games against Newcastle, Swansea, WBA, QPR and Norwich in the cup?

Anonymous since the xmas period though.

No really loss, I think Bacuna is his squad replacement.

Â