Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Got to the stage where I'll be pretty disappointed if he's still here next year. In some ways that feels harsh but he's had so many chances he's got nobody to blame but himself.

Sad fact is though I am certain he doesn't care, he'll get paid a fortune for being crap either by us or someone else.

26 minutes ago, John said:

The Champions League club that eventually comes in for Bacuna could surely be tempted with a buy one get two offer that includes Gabby? ;)

I'm sure Real Madrid would be greatly interested in purchasing Gabby as their kebab distributor. Unfortunately, he'd just eat them all himself!

• Like 1

If he's fit enough would he not be an asset in the championship? Big if. Couldn't cut it in the PL for a long time but may find his level now?

22 minutes ago, darrenm said:

If he's fit enough would he not be an asset in the championship? Big if. Couldn't cut it in the PL for a long time but may find his level now?

No, terrible influence, terrible attitude, get rid of this word removed ASAFP

• Like 3

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

With the greatest of respect no, no and no please.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

łajno tłuszczu

Feed that phrase though Google Translate once again, and you get 'Dung fat', which seems kind of weird, but not wholly inappropriate. Keep on clicking on the 'swap languages' icon, however, and you eventually end up with 'Fat manure'. It would appear that a turd is still a turd, no matter how you try to Polish it up.

And it seems that a turd is still a turd in Amharic, Burmese or Catalan...

Edited by TB
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Got a horrible feeling that RDM will keep him and the rest or the bomb squad word removeds.

sure he would lose the fans if he sold Mr.Aston Villa ;)

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

A well balanced post would have included the weight gain, the laziness, the attitude, the spats with Keane, the spats with Wilkins, the lack of effort, the lack of development, the smoking, the drinking, the drugs (;)) Not just looked back with rose tints on a decent spell the best part of a decade ago.

Really, I don't give a toss about balance, I was just expressing my thoughts, and definitely wasn't trying to sway anyone's way of thinking. If you hate, dislike, or not really like Gabby, that is totally fine. Really, the bottom line is, he cant stay at Villa. He is not a 65k/week player, he is not a 65k per week anything really. It is just such a shame that somebody who showed so much potential those many years ago has shot himself in the foot. As I said, I cant really bring myself to hate him, just to harbour a desire to go back in time and slap him at a critical moment.

6 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

When does his contract end?  Can we put a countdown timer on here for that celebration?

End of the 2017/2018 season I believe :blush:

11 hours ago, darrenm said:

If he wasn't motivated enough to keep himself in decent condition for the Premier League, would he be committed for the Championship?

20 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

A well balanced post would have included the weight gain, the laziness, the attitude, the spats with Keane, the spats with Wilkins, the lack of effort, the lack of development, the smoking, the drinking, the drugs (;)) Not just looked back with rose tints on a decent spell the best part of a decade ago.

Gabbys decline coincided with ours. As the OP mentioned Gabby wanted to bulk up so he could take the knocks but Houllier told him otherwise yet he carried on anyway. This was the time Gabby needed a strong manager with a consistent message yet we chopped and changed and we find ourselves where we are today that's he's a pariah. Gabby stopped being a CF under Lambert and should've stayed as a wide player as he worked then and helped the fullback. As a CF he has been awful ever since bulking up! Even though he needs to get out of our club as much for his sake as anything else I'll remember him as another what might have been rather than the crap of late. I just hope the next great striking hope gets proper mentoring and doesn't fall into the same trap! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Got a horrible feeling that RDM will keep him and the rest or the bomb squad word removeds.

Ugghhh. You also so know that IF RDM were to keep him , and IF he were to get a game, and IF he were to score a goal......

...he would do that obnoxious hand to the ear celebration thingy to his own fans which would infuriate the life out of me and ruin any enjoyment of said goal !

• Like 1

Â