Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry gabby I nope i didnt mean to cause you any offence, please try and lose some weight for the new season. Good nickname though perfect for you as thats how you seem to spend your time outside of football

Erm, OK, good one

59 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Because we aren't fawning over Gabby doing the equivalent of dropping a tenner in a charity box. 

Oh yes, because the only options are "Fawning" or being a clearing in the woods ain't it? No in between, absolute tossers.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was waiting for some absolute dross like this, do some of you have no limits? 

He has actually done things like this in the past, and has been a large part of the acorns movement etc although that shouldn't be the point anyway.

Should he be donating ALL of his salary, why don't you do the same?

I am sure most people on here, even his most vitriolic criticizers either avoided the topic altogether, or gave props where it is due, since it's not football related.

Your post was frankly childish, petty, and pathetic.

Tad bit harsh there, im entitled to my opinion as you are yours.... sonetimes we will agree and sometimes we wont. Thats what makes VT go round

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh yes, because the only options are "Fawning" or being a clearing in the woods ain't it? No in between, absolute tossers.

Yes because absolute tossers get upset that people don't love him for a fairly small gesture. 

Anyway - whatever,. 

Is this sack of shit gone yet?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

It's a nice gesture end of. No more or less than the average person dropping a few coins into a charity box.

Really doesn't require any further comment.

This. Well done on the guy. It is a nice gesture whether its £1 or £1,000,000. Every penny counts and I am sure those that will get the benefit of the money are absolutely delighted with it.

However it does not change my views of him with a football though; I still want him out of the club. People need to stop getting so worked up about this both ways. RDM is clear that if you do not have the right mentality, he doesn't want you and to me last season he clearly showed he did not have the right mentality. 

On 6/16/2016 at 00:39, John said:

Yet he played for England three times and Gary Shaw along with Dennis Mortimer never did. :o 

Those were the days that meant you was one of the best players in the country, now you just need to have an English connection.

just kidding, well a little bit.....you get the gist

Darius Vassell played too, just about explains it, doesn't it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Spoony said:

Stunned and a bit embarassed some of you are having a go at Gabby over this. He donated to a good cause, he donated a grand which will have made a big difference, I doubt he asked for any recognition for it and it hasn't actually got anything to do with Villa or him being a footballer.

Get off his back. Criticise him for what you like when it comes to Villa, but not this. If this is the reaction he gets he'd be better off not donating at all...

You know what my problem is spoony? They trying to paint a picture of him being some kind of good saint for donating £1000 to try change our opinion on him. Many other footballers donate a hell of a lot of thus and they don't get their own story.

my mate curt earns less and donates much more than this to various charities and void causes but you don't see "other side of Curtis Davies" 

thats my main issue with this 

• Like 1

He may well donate a lot more though? You don't know.

I've got plenty of negative things to say about Gabby and his efforts on and off the pitch the last few years but I'm not going to criticise him for donating a grand to a good cause. 

• Like 2

I don't think people are trying to say that this has a negative effect on their opinion of him. Only that it's not really much of anything and has absolutely no bearing on their opinion of either his attitude, ability or performance for Aston Villa Football Club. 

Conversely, people saying fair play to him are not saying this has any bearing whatsoever on their opinion regarding his attitude, ability or performance for Aston Villa Football Club.

As what always happens when it comes to something like this, VT have managed to create an argument out of nothing. Drawing unnecessary battle lines in the name of God knows what. 

It's Saturday lads. 

• Like 4

Â