Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

So he donates 1/60th of his weekly income and im meant to be impressed. Ive given more than 1/60th of my weekly income to multiple good causes and never got recognised for it.... mind you i didnt do it for recognition. Sorry Gabby your a tightass give one weeks wages (which you didnt earn anyway) then maybe I'll tip my hat to you.....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Fair play to Gabby for giving her a few bob. It isn't the amount that matters to me, but the fact that he bothered to do it. This, of course, has nothing to do with football and the fact that he let himself and the club down last year. I think we all know he hasn’t performed for years now and he is one of the players that we really need to move on; even if we have to pay to make that happen. I think a move might actually do him good.  Find a club where he can play regular football, maybe rediscover some old form and start enjoying the game again. He seems to have been going through the motions here for quite some time and that ain't no good for him or us.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Really don't see what Gabby has done wrong here.  There's not much recognition for it - he's donated £1,000 to a good cause.  Good on him.

I swear some people just look to knock players irrespective.  Currently, Agbonlahor is the main target.

He has thrown some spare change and put his name to it, he could of easily done it anonymously like everybody else does. I do take your point but I have long had an issue with wealthy people not sparing a bit more... but that is a whole other topic.

16 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He has thrown some spare change and put his name to it, he could of easily done it anonymously like everybody else does. I do take your point but I have long had an issue with wealthy people not sparing a bit more... but that is a whole other topic.

But we don't know if he donates more to other causes. Regardless of the amount I think it's good to see that he at least cares. The next thing I want to see is either that he is working his socks off, or that he is off. If he was doing the former I guess we should have heard about it by now unfortunately.

If Gabby could lose 3/4 stone, trim down on all the muscle and become as lean as he was when he was 22/23, he'd be an absolute weapon for us next year.

He wont though, he's made his money and has no motivation to do so,.

Shame, as getting rid will be hard. 

It's a nice gesture from Gabby, the money is nothing to him but probably means a lot to the family.

Don't think he did this with any thought of improving his reputation among us fans, because that's not how it works.

Cristiano Ronaldo does this sort of things on a weekly basis (much bigger sums of course) and most fans still think he's a ginormous bell end because of how he behaves on the pitch.

If this is the last thing Gabby does as a Villa player (and I hope it is) then it would be a nice farewell note.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, weedman said:

And did you donate a tenner? 

Sorry gabby I nope i didnt mean to cause you any offence, please try and lose some weight for the new season. Good nickname though perfect for you as thats how you seem to spend your time outside of football

17 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So he donates 1/60th of his weekly income

I was waiting for some absolute dross like this, do some of you have no limits? 

He has actually done things like this in the past, and has been a large part of the acorns movement etc although that shouldn't be the point anyway.

Should he be donating ALL of his salary, why don't you do the same?

I am sure most people on here, even his most vitriolic criticizers either avoided the topic altogether, or gave props where it is due, since it's not football related.

Your post was frankly childish, petty, and pathetic.

• Like 2

i doubt there is a single person on here who couldn't afford to give more to any of their chosen charity's.

I wish people didn't try and use how much somebody does or doesn't give to charity as a stick to beat them. Partly because it makes you look really small and mainly because I wouldn't feel the need to stick up for this clearing.

• Like 1

I very much doubt that Gabby would have wanted any kind of publicity over this because he is then open to possible criticism as shown on here.  A case of damned if you do, damned if you don't....etc.    Moreover, he could be making these type of gestures several times a week for all we know?   Many aspects of Gabby I don't like but this gesture is certainly not one of them.

• Like 3

I think the whole fraction of someone's wages argument doesn't really apply in instances like this.

If someone earns £100 a week, a 10% charitable donation is gonna be felt more by that person than someone else who earns £1000 a week and donated £100. 

Obviously it's the same proportionally but in practical terms it's not really the same.

Having said all that, it's a thoroughly decent gesture by Gabby and goes some way in helping the lady in question. So fair play Gabby.

I doubt she'll read this, but my best wishes to her in her fight to overcome this.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 4

The guy can't win, he's voluntarily given some of his own money, to a cancer charity. Obviously he could afford more, but I think it's a nice gesture.

Speaking from the point of view of someone who was recently affected by cancer, any sort of raising of the profile, publicity or donations can only be a good thing. 

• Like 4

Â