Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

What's the betting no one has told Gabby about the "legal highs" becoming illegal today.

Shame.. Not just for Gabby but regulating that industry and selling such things as a legal taxable commodity is what I'd do. Many of these legal highs were only dangerous because they came with zero guidelines. I never partook in anything like this, but I know people that did and making it illegal just creates yet another criminally fuelled underground market which is no good for anyone. Bringing it back to Gabby though I am sure he will find a way to get his Nitrous Oxide and I am sure when he is photographed in a hotel he'll be in so much more trouble, he won't change his habits because of the law. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:
It's tweets like this that makes me wish twitter wasn't so full of shite :(

Brighton have had a bid accepted for #avfc striker Gabby Agbonlahor, believed to be a record fee according to the player's agent. #bhafc
10:10 a.m. - 27 May 2016

I can imagine the Villa representative if a call came in offering actual money for Gabby. 

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I am pissed off with a lot of the players this season, but I find it hard to garner too much animosity towards Gabby. Sure enough, the sun is truly setting on his Villa career, but I really liked him years ago under Martin O' Neil when he was filling in for John Carew. He was quite exciting to watch, he had pace, and he was once described as a "nightmare" to defend against. He has done great work with Acorns, and it is obvious he loves this club. I recall a story that he wanted to bulk up, be stronger,but Houillier advised against it, as he would lose his main strength, his speed. When I see Gabby out there for Villa now, I cant help think it is more tragic than anything else. I wanted him to have a long career, consistently ripping it up for Villa, but there is no room in a football team for a pot bellied striker. He also made me chuckle when he made that One Direction boy cry too. I wish him the best, but there is no room for him at Villa anymore.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

I am pissed off with a lot of the players this season, but I find it hard to garner too much animosity towards Gabby. Sure enough, the sun is truly setting on his Villa career, but I really liked him years ago under Martin O' Neil when he was filling in for John Carew. He was quite exciting to watch, he had pace, and he was once described as a "nightmare" to defend against. He has done great work with Acorns, and it is obvious he loves this club. I recall a story that he wanted to bulk up, be stronger,but Houillier advised against it, as he would lose his main strength, his speed. When I see Gabby out there for Villa now, I cant help think it is more tragic than anything else. I wanted him to have a long career, consistently ripping it up for Villa, but there is no room in a football team for a pot bellied striker. He also made me chuckle when he made that One Direction boy cry too. I wish him the best, but there is no room for him at Villa anymore.

Nah, he is a complete dick.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Got a horrible feeling that RDM will keep him and the rest or the bomb squad word removeds.

He may keep one or two as a personal pet project, but he also knows that it's not sensible to keep all off them even if the club is now one of the richest in the world. Who he keeps on will depend on how well releasing players on a free goes, I mean he can make a player free but that doesn't meant they will leave as many clubs outside the Premier League cannot afford Richards, or Lescott or Gabby from a wage perspective. So if Gabby stays it's because RDM still thinks there is a player there, but I don't think much of the bomb squad will remain. 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Got a horrible feeling that RDM will keep him and the rest or the bomb squad word removeds.

Me too, for the simple reason that no club will take them off us because the wages are too high.

2 hours ago, AJ said:

Well balanced, objective post, echoes alot of my sentiments...

51 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Nah, he is a complete dick.

Followed by absolute f*ckery.:rolleyes:

I am hoping that Dr Xia will be able to get one of his Chinese Super League Team owning buddies to take Gabby off our hands for a cool £50m. He must know somebody that would be up for that? Lives in hope! :D

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

A well balanced post would have included the weight gain, the laziness, the attitude, the spats with Keane, the spats with Wilkins, the lack of effort, the lack of development, the smoking, the drinking, the drugs (;)) Not just looked back with rose tints on a decent spell the best part of a decade ago.

EDIT: Why bother:rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

A well balanced post would have included the weight gain, the laziness, the attitude, the spats with Keane, the spats with Wilkins, the lack of effort, the lack of development, the smoking, the drinking, the drugs (;)) Not just looked back with rose tints on a decent spell the best part of a decade ago.

You forgot his excellent working relationship with Robert Duverne.

I am not going to add to the slagging off of Gabby because we have done this to death, myself included.  However, I really hope Gabby is moved on this summer.  Firstly, the attitude and culture needs to change around the place and this won't happen unless we remove people like Gabby, Bacuna, Lescott, Richards etc.  Secondly, I don't know how anyone can think that he would be an asset to have next season?  With 8 weeks of the season to go last season he was put on a fitness programme for being overweight?  His beloved club were losing games, going down and we simply didn't see him lifting a finger to help.  Therefore, not the kind of man needed for the fight to get us back where we belong I would have thought?  Quicker we get rid the better for me and hope RDM agrees. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 4

Definitely needs to go for me too. We need a clean slate, positive influence and everyone pulling in the same direction. 

Plus, surely we could find a better striker than what Gabby can offer us now. Don't take the chance and bring someone new in. 

Â