Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

35k a week isn't loads anymore. It looks overpriced because we somehow can only offer 10-20k a week now, yet TV deals have increased how much over the last few years? Quick research tells me the top club and bottom club for TV deals have gone from £60m to £100m and £40m to £63m. Lot more cash floating around, the wages will go up.

• Like 2

I doubt Marc will dislodge Knockaert or Mahrez from the starting 11 at Leicester. Both of them are streets ahead of him i'm afraid.

They really aren't. Live in Leicester so end up going with my mates quite a lot of games and Knockaert is the very definition of a trick pony, very little-no end product. Mahrez seems like he could be a player but drifts off in games a lot, reminds me of a worst version of Taraabt (a player who tore up the championship and was a huge flop in the prem).

Am loving the way people are happily waving him off to one of the teams we will probably be fighting with over relegation next season.

Who exactly are you imagining we will get in as a replacement?

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 4

Am loving the way people are happily waving him off to one of the teams we will probably be fighting with over relegation next season.

Who exactly are you imagining we will get in as a replacement?

Perhaps young Jack will step up?

judging by some of the negative evaluations of Marc and his performance during the last season, I have to ask you one thing guys;

have you ever watched Marc Albrighton play football?

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

Great to see our already woeful squad being weakened by one of our only creative talents, a local boy to boot, and the fans instantly casting him aside. That'll come back to bite us next season, mark my words.

Amen to that. If I had a choice of Gabby or Marc, i'd pick Marc without a moments hesitation.

• Like 1

Would I like to keep Marc? Yes. Would I pay him £35k? No.

Would I like the only other wide player left at the club to be Tonev?

Would I balls.

He has to take this LOL !!.

Brendan McLoughlin @bren_mcloughlin · 11m

#lcfc leading the chase for Albrighton. Very generous deal of 4 years at £35k a week on the table. #avfc

£35 per week for a one trick pony with no pace and the crossing ability of a blind chimpanzee with a wooden leg. My god Leicester must be out of their minds pmsl

Give your head a wobble. I suppose Roberto Martinez is interested in him for the lolz?

You can lead a fan to stats but you can't make them think. 

• Like 1

Great to see our already woeful squad being weakened by one of our only creative talents, a local boy to boot, and the fans instantly casting him aside. That'll come back to bite us next season, mark my words.

Amen to that. If I had a choice of Gabby or Marc, i'd pick Marc without a moments hesitation.
Wow! And to think you ask in a previous post if we actually watch football....

Wow! And to think you ask in a previous post if we actually watch football....

I asked if some posters on here ever watched Marc Albrighton play football. Bit of a difference.

£35 per week for a one trick pony with no pace and the crossing ability of a blind chimpanzee with a wooden leg. My god Leicester must be out of their minds pmsl

this being the prime example. But I'm going to ask you another question. Who performed better last season? Gabby or Marc?

Yes I would like Marc to stay but 35k for someone we had to loan out earlier this season as he was so crap IS over the top I'd much rather the extra cash go on keeping Delph for example of affording a better wage for an experienced pro to lend a stabilising influence to the team on the pitch.

Just to reiterate, the inflated tv money is hitting clubs bank accounts this year. I don't really know how this will translate into increased wages, so maybe 35k per week is a generous offer but nothing we couldn't match, if we wanted to.

Â