Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

People love to say "ha, he's shit anyway" - who do we have who is better? Our tiny collection of players is hardly bursting at the seams with talent, and he's better than a good deal of them.

• Like 3

Same as every player that leaves, you can only judge the decision based on how we replace him

If it's with tonev then I'm fuming, if it's with no one I'm fuming, at the very least it has to be Nzogbia back in to the fold, and I'm not overly pleased with that

Shame for Marc, I liked him, had a great 2nd half of the season, is he worth £35k a week? Probably not but that's the times we live in, £35k should be about our average wage for a 1st team regular, and if no one comes in during the summer then he would be a 1st team regular

People love to say "ha, he's shit anyway" - who do we have who is better? Our tiny collection of players is hardly bursting at the seams with talent, and he's better than a good deal of them.

Exactly. If a new owner is around the corner and they're ready to bring in some top talent, fair enough, but as things stands it looks like we've just lost one of our better players from the past season for absolutely naff all.

My own opinion is that we should have offered him a contract before the season ended when he was back in the team, before there was any concrete interest in him. Instead, we waited and waited, telling him that we'll offer him a deal without ever following through.

Maybe we can't afford his demands. Maybe the club don't think he is worth a pay rise.

Maybe Lerner refused to sanction any more contract extensions.

Who knows.

There was certainly talks as it was confirmed by Lambert himself so the club have known about this for a while.

The 35K reflects that there is no sign on fee. Ive heard today he knew there would be no future here at our club. Makes me think more the club is sold. he wants regular football something we won't be able to offer if we have new owners in.

My own opinion is that we should have offered him a contract before the season ended when he was back in the team, before there was any concrete interest in him. Instead, we waited and waited, telling him that we'll offer him a deal without ever following through.

Maybe we can't afford his demands. Maybe the club don't think he is worth a pay rise.

Maybe Lerner refused to sanction any more contract extensions.

Who knows.

There was certainly talks as it was confirmed by Lambert himself so the club have known about this for a while.

Yeah, which is what I find extremely odd, Lambert said he wanted to keep him and that talks would be held. However, he hasn't been kept on, or even offered a deal. 

I can't talk from a personal point of view in terms of Marc, what I have heard is from a Leicester perspective, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been asking for any substantial pay rise and we all know he loves the club as a fan rather than just a player. All I know is that he wasn't offered a deal by us at any stage, which is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

I'm not happy about this. He was our most creative player last season and should played a lot more as Weimann's form for most of the season was shite! I think is going to do well wherever he end's up and I wish him well.

• Like 1

He put in some very good substitute appearances and still couldn't get in the team the next week. That must have been very frustrating for him, and a clear message that the manager didn't rate him no matter how well he played. Not surprised he wanted to go.

• Like 1

Never quite good enough, but would have done a job in the struggling team we are. Seeing his celebrations showed how much he loved the Villa and I bet he's absolutely gutted. I hope he makes a success of himself elsewhere, it will do him good to get out of our crumbling system.

Not really bothered that he has been released as we should be using his minutes on infinitely more talented players like Grealish anyway but I wish him good luck in his future endeavours. He always struck me as a player who gave his all and was humble in his attitude.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 3

Whether or not this is a bad decision will be shown next season.

For me Im not too fussed, hes a decent player who did shine a few times this season, but that would not be hard TBH.

Â