Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I personally think he's a play off level championship player at best. So lightweight and doesn't track back at all

Whaaa? He's always offering cover for the RB??? 

Agreed.

He's always giving away stupid fouls in that respect :)

It would be a travesty if Marc was allowed to leave on a free. Our most creative player imo. Shaw had a tough game against him at VP a couple of weeks back, just shows how good of a player Marc is. Also it would upset me seeing Martinez get the best out of him

• Like 1

Martinez is a clever fellow...Albrighton won't be a regular for Everton but with them in the Europa league they need more than 18 players and Marc has experience of that competition with us and Wigan. Plus he's probably as good as McGeady is.

Amuses me when I post on the Gabby thread of how plenty of prem clubs like Everton would be interested if we put him up for sale only to be told he's rubbish and no one would buy him and a top 5 club are targeting now one of our reserves...although I accept the free transfer nature of this deal for someone who has a decent number of prem appearences for us now would be a big reason.

• Like 1

he's currently among the most dangerous players in our starting XI, and i'd say a certainty to start the last two games. as a squad player who reasonably has a strong chance of being in our starting XI, of course, he should be contracted to the club.  

the fact that he's the guy that PL is bigging up before the games as our creative outlet at the moment, says it all - he's earned his place as a villa player in our current squad.

Personally, i think marc has been a breath of fresh air since he forced his way back into the squad - what has particularly impressed me is his ability to make an impact when starting, which is something that he was struggling with.... against southampton, i thought he got better as the game progressed, whereas in former days, he would have faded and been subbed at 60 mins....

coupled with the fact that he desperately wants to stay, this is a no brainer, and not one that i have any worry about happening as soon as the season is done....

well done sharky, and lets get a win against man city tonight...

• Like 1

I think Lambert deserves a bit of credit for how he's handled Alrbrighton and helped get him through the tough times - hopefully he'll get him signed up and we can benefit from a local lad living the dream. 

The 'other' team interested in him when I posted back in March that had slipped my mind was in fact Everton.

Didn't make any sense not offering him a new contract to me back then but makes a lot more sense given the announcement today.

Been told to keep schtum over any other developments until told otherwise.

UTV

Sunderland fans seem to be counting down to his signing for them at 6pm.

MRbxqOB.jpg

Hopefully we can hang onto him. I notice Sunderland released Gardner today not that I think we should get him back. Strange how a load of our old players are available on frees this summer.

Looks like whomever the Sunderland source was, they were incorrect

We may lose him later in the summer  but not today. I don't think players become officially free until sometime in June.

Yeah but you can sign a contract with another club from January I believe

• Like 1

Â