Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

It seems some people are that negative towards our club at the minute they miss certain points. Albrighton has been offered a contract it's less than what he's been offered from other clubs. Why aren't people asking why A player who was injured for ages and only got back to form the last couple of months of the season and a Villa fan isn't showing loyalty to HIS club? He is rumoured to have been offered 35k a week which is more than he's worth now I don't blame him for taking the best offer for him but don't moan at the club for putting a price on his ability.

Why didn't the club offer him a contract before the end of the season then? As far as I know, they still haven't offered him a new contract and he'll be joining Leicester. Maybe you know more than I do.

How much is he worth a week? 15k 35k 100k he did nothing to warrant a deal up until the last few months. I'd like him to stay but if he can double his wages elsewhere it's not the clubs fault and he'd be easily replaceable with out current crop of youngsters grealish and graham.

It seems some people are that negative towards our club at the minute they miss certain points. Albrighton has been offered a contract it's less than what he's been offered from other clubs. Why aren't people asking why A player who was injured for ages and only got back to form the last couple of months of the season and a Villa fan isn't showing loyalty to HIS club? He is rumoured to have been offered 35k a week which is more than he's worth now I don't blame him for taking the best offer for him but don't moan at the club for putting a price on his ability.

Why didn't the club offer him a contract before the end of the season then? As far as I know, they still haven't offered him a new contract and he'll be joining Leicester. Maybe you know more than I do.

How much is he worth a week? 15k 35k 100k he did nothing to warrant a deal up until the last few months. I'd like him to stay but if he can double his wages elsewhere it's not the clubs fault and he'd be easily replaceable with out current crop of youngsters grealish and graham.

You just said it isn't the clubs fault that Marc isn't being loyal. Now you're saying he hasn't done anything to warrant a new deal.

It is a pity that we look like losing one of our players at a time when we cannot afford to bring in a replacement. It is also a worry that it will make us weaker and a club who are likely to be fighting with us at the wrong end of the table stronger.

But that is where we are as a football club at the moment unable to pay the wages out of contract players would want to stay with us or the wages new players would want to join us if they were prepared to sign for us in our current state of limbo.   

Someone needs to tell everyone that Grealish does not play right wing ffs.

Graham does right, though would love to see Grealish given a run as the No10. Think he'd thrive on it. Honestly think Lambert doesn't have much choice but hope one of these kids really does offer us something.

You just said it isn't the clubs fault that Marc isn't being loyal. Now you're saying he hasn't done anything to warrant a new deal.

I said up until the last few months he hadn't done anything to warrant a new deal now if he picks the best offer for him it's not the clubs fault. We'd be silly to match the reported wages on offer. Read it anyway you like we won't match what he has been offered but he could always show loyalty to his boyhood club and sign what we offer but money talks not a criticism that's football. How much do you think he's worth a week?

I don't think he is worth £35k a week, however, if we offered him a contract before the season was up (or even offered him one now), situations may not have even appeared with other clubs. Instead, we just let it pass by and look to lose yet another player for free.

Graham does right, though would love to see Grealish given a run as the No10. Think he'd thrive on it. Honestly think Lambert doesn't have much choice but hope one of these kids really does offer us something.

Pie-in-the-Sky-34x28in-1978-1.jpg

Grealish has played, what, 6 minutes of Prem football, on the other wing? Graham - has he ever appeared for the first team? 

It's going to take them more than a year of gradual easing in to even be close to ready, at best. Meanwhile our most potent attacking threat - note again, this is a statistical fact - is leaving for free without us picking up a fee. 

• Like 1

Pie-in-the-Sky-34x28in-1978-1.jpg

Grealish has played, what, 6 minutes of Prem football, on the other wing? Graham - has he ever appeared for the first team? 

It's going to take them more than a year of gradual easing in to even be close to ready, at best. Meanwhile our most potent attacking threat - note again, this is a statistical fact - is leaving for free without us picking up a fee. 

Our most potent attacking threat, do me a sodding favour, he got one assist. Grealish and Graham for me have more ability than Marc Albrighton at the age he came through. Marc is now 25 and people are still waiting for him to come good, he played a few games well, but for me he's never hit those levels he shown against West Ham when he first broke through.

• Like 2

You could say that for most of our players though,  they arent very good. Trouble is we arent going to get much better.  Villa is pretty much MEH right now

• Like 2

Not sure what wages Weimann is on now but if it is the rumoured 30+grand then both he and Albrighton on similar wages would be too much for their abilities but I suppose if you want to sustain life and a squad in the Premiership then thats the wages you're gonna have to pay now.

If Albrighton wants to go then with the deepest regret let him even though he was the only bright spark in an awful season.

Not sure what wages Weimann is on now but if it is the rumoured 30+grand then both he and Albrighton on similar wages would be too much for their abilities but I suppose if you want to sustain life and a squad in the Premiership then thats the wages you're gonna have to pay now.

If Albrighton wants to go then with the deepest regret let him even though he was the only bright spark in an awful season.

Delph says hello.

• Like 1

Â