Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Another big mistake by Villa, just look on Cahill. It will be the same with Albrighton and I will be happy to eat my words if not correct.

Can someone explain me, what is the reason behind investing the money into youth academy if the club can not see a potential of academy raised players?

Massive difference between Cahill and Albrighton. I don't see Albrighton as a future England player. 

• Like 1

It'd be typical Villa to let the one shining light of the last 4 months leave on a free

Yes he's had a few good games and we give him a 4 year contract worth 6 or 7 mil and he falls back into the player he has been the last 2 or 3 years and we are stuck with someone else we cant get rid of. I like Albrighton, he's a trier but he really isn't that good is he.

2 years would suit, gives him next season to show that he can keep the form up. If it looks like he's losing form again, loan him out. Next summer with 1 year left on the contract someone would be interested, we wouldn't get a whole lot in return but he didn't cost anything to get into the side anyway.

Someone needs to tell everyone that Grealish does not play right wing ffs.

Graham does right, though would love to see Grealish given a run as the No10. Think he'd thrive on it. Honestly think Lambert doesn't have much choice but hope one of these kids really does offer us something.

Pie-in-the-Sky-34x28in-1978-1.jpg

Grealish has played, what, 6 minutes of Prem football, on the other wing? Graham - has he ever appeared for the first team? 

It's going to take them more than a year of gradual easing in to even be close to ready, at best. Meanwhile our most potent attacking threat - note again, this is a statistical fact - is leaving for free without us picking up a fee. 

Our most potent attacking threat, do me a sodding favour, he got one assist. Grealish and Graham for me have more ability than Marc Albrighton at the age he came through. Marc is now 25 and people are still waiting for him to come good, he played a few games well, but for me he's never hit those levels he shown against West Ham when he first broke through.

I have done you a sodding favour, and recalled that he in fact got 4 assists (in the Chelsea, Fulham, Swansea and Hull games, though I accept that the latter doesn't really count). Look back two pages and note that he makes more key passes, more passes into the final third, etc etc blah blah blah. It's all irrelevant, obviously, because compared to your feeling that he's s***, no amount of data could possibly be persuasive. 

I have no idea how you can make that assertion about Grealish and Graham, especially about the latter. Simply stating that youngsters are ready to start doesn't make it so. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Didn't say he was shit, he is average. Apologies on the assists, but for me he is not worth 35k over 4 years. Have you actually considered he was playing for his future, so maybe he upped his game for latter part of the season.

Edited by SikhInTrinity
  • Like 2

Didn't say he was shit, he is average. Apologies on the assists, but for me he is not worth 35k over 4 years. Have you actually considered he was playing for his future, so maybe he upped his game for latter part of the season.

No worries, we all make mistakes, we're none of us professional researchers! And apologies for misstating your position. 

I have considered that he was playing for his future, but I don't really find that a good reason not to offer him a contract. A 2 or 3 year deal instead of 4, for sure, but players who are capable of playing well when motivated are worth keeping. WhoScored has him with the 8th highest match rating in the squad, 2 under-18's with 6 minutes of PL experience between them, one of whom plays on the opposite flank, aren't going to adequately cover that next season. 

35k is expensive, but obviously to replace him we'll need to pay for a player, pay a contract signing bonus, and pay a significant wage anyway, so if this is being done for money-saving reasons, I'm pretty sure it's a false economy. 

No worries, we all make mistakes, we're none of us professional researchers! And apologies for misstating your position. 

I have considered that he was playing for his future, but I don't really find that a good reason not to offer him a contract. A 2 or 3 year deal instead of 4, for sure, but players who are capable of playing well when motivated are worth keeping. WhoScored has him with the 8th highest match rating in the squad, 2 under-18's with 6 minutes of PL experience between them, one of whom plays on the opposite flank, aren't going to adequately cover that next season. 

35k is expensive, but obviously to replace him we'll need to pay for a player, pay a contract signing bonus, and pay a significant wage anyway, so if this is being done for money-saving reasons, I'm pretty sure it's a false economy. 

The thing is, by Premier League standards, £35k a week isn't actually expensive. However, by Villa standards, it is. This is one of our major problems as a club, we got so far ahead of ourselves financially during the MON period, that we are now way behind even teams who are just coming up from the Championship.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

I doubt we're offering him a better deal so he'd be foolish to turn it down. At the same time I don't think he's a huge miss.

Not good enough for where we want to be and with new owners hopefully we'll be looking to build to that soon.

Â