Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Ridiculous if he is allowed to go to Leicester on a free, he has done well since he came back from loan and we will have to buy someone to replace him which would cost us more money than it would to just up his contract a bit.

If you look at chances created per game played, I'll wager Marc is miles ahead

Oaq-F-KTVkI.jpg

Based on this Marc should be in the first team.

I remember him having a great game in the 2-2 against Manyoo because he was playing regularly rather than in fleeting appearances for a few minutes here and there.

So just another player we have let go for no return ..take out the sales of Downing /Young /Milner and our return on players brought or developed through the youth is appalling.

Fact is we don't have the cash to replace him now so we are automatically weaker and if he goes to Leicester we just strengthened  a team who will just be hoping to stay in the league like ourselves ..excellent work 

Now Lambert is staying I hope he gets offered a contract. I'll be so annoyed if we let him go for free. Decent squad player. 

The problem is that it isn't Lambert's choice. Lambert wants him to stay, but it is up to Faulkner to sit down and put a contract on the table. So far Marc's people have only been told about a potential new deal, nothing solidly put on the table to sign. You can't really blame him for listening to clubs who actually want to take him seriously.

Edited by samjp26

But Lambert confirmed contract talks were started weeks ago, im not saying he'll stay but he has been offered one and probably will be offered a better one now Lambert knows he cant sign anyone.

Like I say though, it isn't up to Lambert to get him signed up - all he can do is say that he wants him to stay.

Villa = The team he supports and loves, but also the team that can't put something concrete on the table.

Leicester = More money and a promise of first team opportunities.

What would you choose?

Oaq-F-KTVkI.jpg

....and they sat stats don't lie ? Jesus Wept !! It's Marc Albrighton we're talking about here, not Arjen Robben. He started brightly, fell away, got injured, went on loan and then came back and stood out for 50% of the time he played in the worst Villa side since 1987. If he feels Leicester are a better bet for his career than us then good luck to him. I wish him no ill will but it's not like it's gonna cripple us, is it ?

Edited by King Cropley

How many wide players do we actually have at the club

We got Nzogbia who carries a big question mark will he play a big part for us when he's back from injury

Gabby can play out wide but is inconsistant and described by some as a luxury 

Then we got Tonev.... No comment

Albrighton should sign a new deal asap

Edited by AshVilla

Oaq-F-KTVkI.jpg

....and they sat stats don't lie ? Jesus Wept !! It's Marc Albrighton we're talking about here, not Arjen Robben. He started brightly, fell away, got injured, went on loan and then came back and stood out for 50% of the time he played in the worst Villa side since 1987. If he feels Leicester are a better bet for his career than us then good luck to him. I wish him no ill will but it's not like it's gonna cripple us, is it ?

Couldn't agree more

But Lambert confirmed contract talks were started weeks ago, im not saying he'll stay but he has been offered one and probably will be offered a better one now Lambert knows he cant sign anyone.

Like I say though, it isn't up to Lambert to get him signed up - all he can do is say that he wants him to stay.

Villa = The team he supports and loves, but also the team that can't put something concrete on the table.

Leicester = More money and a promise of first team opportunities.

What would you choose?

And how does anyone know whats on the table for him from us atm?

Oaq-F-KTVkI.jpg

"@martinlaurence7: Jack Grealish has the best minutes per key pass rate in the Premier League this season (2) - that's over 10x better than David Silva"

Well... I suppose you learn something new every day.

Oaq-F-KTVkI.jpg
"@martinlaurence7: Jack Grealish has the best minutes per key pass rate in the Premier League this season (2) - that's over 10x better than David Silva"

Imagine if he would have had 10 + appearances...

Edited haha

Â