Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

The only thing that concerns me is that we gave Weimann a new contract when we thought we were going to lose him for nothing and then he had a stinker of a season. However, Alby was one of the few bright lights towards the end this season and much more effective than plenty of others in the squad. I would only give Alby a one to two year deal as he has it all to prove but I don't think he would take that. Also, if we do get taken over, he shouldn't be a player we base our future around. He just isn't good enough for that.

Not our best player but shocking nontheless. Baffling. They better get some **** players in this summer that can kick a ball. Actually pissed as I thought marc was a one of the few bright spots we had this year. Very one dimensional yes, but what the **** else we got like him at the moment?

Edited by vandaq

Whils't it's not earth shattering to release him, given we don't know what transfer budget our selling owner and failure manager will have, can we really afford to get rid of any of the "arguably" cheaper players in the squad when there's no guarantee of replacements?

And is Lambert the right man to be making the decisions anyway - is he just a dead man walking?

Is this a Faulkner brainwave - lets trim the squad, without having any sodding idea what is happening next?

Lads Leicester offering him 35000 on a 4 yr deal no way should we match that for him he is an average player we got into this mess playing that and more for players like him average ones like beye reo Coker etc big wages

• Like 1

The only player that even looked like trying this year. It's an absolute farce, if we can't afford to pay his wages then I will be very very worried if we don't get taken over. Delph and Vlaar will be next.

• Like 1

Wasn't worth £35k a week but a decent player. Wish him all the best for the future.

Think he will have a career similar to Craig Gardner, staying at low-mid prem teams

Edited by mikeyp102

Not so fussed about missing out on the player. But the fact that we can not give him a decent contract (I'm sure he would have been happy with 30k a week at Villa) does not bode well for what is happening this summer.

As I said before, he was never actually offered a contract at any stage, as far as I know Leicester will announce him joining them soon. My own opinion is that we should have offered him a contract before the season ended when he was back in the team, before there was any concrete interest in him. Instead, we waited and waited, telling him that we'll offer him a deal without ever following through. Another one bites the dust.

I'd love to know how much money we've made back from sales in the last 3 or 4 years, compared to the amount of players that have actually left.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Â