Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Proves how much Lambert doesn't rate technical players.

I'd say he does rate them, he just can't afford them. your not going to get Santi Cazorla (or anything other technically gifted player) for £4m on £10K a week.

Michu to Swansea - £2 Million

Arteta to Everton- £2 Million

Kagawa to Dortmund - €350,000

Just to name a few.

All came into the respective sides making an immediate impact, think it's becoming too easy to blame everything on a lack of funds, there obviously are players out there that lambert can afford.

I don't think naming 3 examples over the past 9 years is really evidence to be honest.

I don't necessarily disagree with your point, just saying those are exceptions really.

Been saying it for some time now that Lambert should have focused more on the players he had at the club and then intergrated those players into a suitable system before going for wholesale changes.

We had and have again target men at the club who thrive on crosses yet we are set up to play more through the middle with no playmaker.

We didn't need Bowery and Helenius because they are no better than Fonz and if Lambert had signed another winger to play on the other side of Albrighton with two holding midfielders then I am in no doubt that we would be seeing a more balanced team playing better football.

I'm not using hindsight either as I've advocated this approach since Lambert first came to the club.

Some good points in there. I have also found it odd that it seems like Lambert's preferred formation has us playing with target men but no wingers, whilst currently we play through the middle with no attacking mid.

I think there is some hindsight involved with Tonov and Helanius. A lot on here seemed positive about them when we signed them but I agree that benching current players is a waste of resources and can actually make it harder to move an unwanted player on rather than if you 'put them in the shop window' a bit.

Proves how much Lambert doesn't rate technical players.

I'd say he does rate them, he just can't afford them. your not going to get Santi Cazorla (or anything other technically gifted player) for £4m on £10K a week.

Michu to Swansea - £2 Million

Arteta to Everton- £2 Million

Kagawa to Dortmund - €350,000

Just to name a few.

All came into the respective sides making an immediate impact, think it's becoming too easy to blame everything on a lack of funds, there obviously are players out there that lambert can afford.

I don't think naming 3 examples over the past 9 years is really evidence to be honest.

I don't necessarily disagree with your point, just saying those are exceptions really.

Yes I chose three exceptional examples and there are many more, point wouldn't have been as effective using players such as Andy Reid, Wes Hoolahan etc. So if they were purchased for such cheap amounts and were such great players it isn't too great a leap to assume there would be technically gifted players worldwide (I would have taken Benayoun at the start of the season on a free for sure) that could improve us for a price lambert could afford.

Anyway back to Albrighton, looked great against West Ham and put in some great crosses. Gives Lambert a bit of a headache I think as to how to fit him into the team, be interesting to see if he starts against Cardiff.

Edited by penguin

4-4-2 Albrighton wide right, two strikers

Who goes wide left though?

Gabby.  Get him to run his arse off up and down the line as he owes us a decent performance after Saturday.

But he wouldn't get any crosses in he'd just run it all the way to the by line and out of play.

The only people I could see doing it would be N'Zog (don't think Lambert will play him) or Tonev (the thought scares me).

4-4-2 Albrighton wide right, two strikers

Who goes wide left though?

Gabby.  Get him to run his arse off up and down the line as he owes us a decent performance after Saturday.

But he wouldn't get any crosses in he'd just run it all the way to the by line and out of play.

The only people I could see doing it would be N'Zog (don't think Lambert will play him) or Tonev (the thought scares me).

Gabby has put in some great crosses this season, imo his best position is out wide where he can run at people and he gets a bit more space.

Thought he continued on his form from the West Ham game to be fair, wasn't going to be quite the same as the defenders were obviously tired in that game, did well enough to keep his place though IMO.

Edited by myko

I thought he looked a little more mature in his play Today. Got a few good tackles in, tracked back well and drew a few fouls from the opposition. It made a nice change from him giving them away.

• Like 1

Thought he was his usual self. Bright early on then faded as the game went on.

He just needs games I think

He runs so much with full gas that he can't endure full 90 minutes without fading in quality. I think he's a great impact sub, but deserves starts every now and then.

He did quite well, certainly our best player going forward, one thing he needs to learn is crossing the ball first time, sometimes he takes too many touches and tries to beat his man rather than crossing the ball early or first time. But still, I thought he played quite well, he needs a serious run of games now he deserves it. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â