Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I don't think I have ever once text my girlfriend how's it going at work or how her day has been and it not be an absolute rant or misery.

Gets you down man.

Just lie once in a while. "Good."

Even a "not bad."

I don't think I'll ask anymore.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think I have ever once text my girlfriend how's it going at work or how her day has been and it not be an absolute rant or misery.

Gets you down man.

Even a "not bad."

For your own good, you absolutely must, even if I sympathise completely. 

I’m having friendship dilemmas at the moment and have been for a bit now. Will explain more later on when I get more time. There’s 3 friendships that have been playing on my mind recently. I’ve kind of sorted two of them by deleting their numbers but the other one I just don’t know what to do. It’s nothing major but it all just seems hard work and to be honest I can’t be ***** arsed .

47 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m having friendship dilemmas at the moment and have been for a bit now. Will explain more later on when I get more time. There’s 3 friendships that have been playing on my mind recently. I’ve kind of sorted two of them by deleting their numbers but the other one I just don’t know what to do. It’s nothing major but it all just seems hard work and to be honest I can’t be ***** arsed .

You can’t delete Henry’s number 😪

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve had no friends since 2013.

only just really started talking to other chaps, and that’s Dads from school. 

7 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I’ve had no friends since 2013.

only just really started talking to other chaps, and that’s Dads from school. 

I’ve always had that lone wolf streak in me from an early age, so I could quite easily not hear off anyone for a very long time and not be fussed by it. Work, wife and kids easily keep me occupied. 

• Like 2

I lost touch with most of my mates a long time ago. There’s 2 that I’d go to the pub with (rarely). Unfortunately one had a heart attack a couple of months ago and the other has a little girl fighting cancer, so obviously won’t be going out on the lash with me anytime soon.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Gets you down man.

Even a "not bad."

🥰😘🤗

Use nothing else. Just use one, go mad and use all three, even mix up the order. Simples.

Been talking to a bird for a while, we met very briefly for the first time the other week, going to be meeting up again soon, any ideas on what is a safe bet for a "first date" (**** me I hate saying that) other than going the boozer which would be my default option.

I'm not the most flamboyant of mofos so I was thinking simply food, film and then a few drinks, Cinema is usually off limits at the start but we both like our films and it'll at least be a talking point when we get out of there.

Not planning on DHUTWU just yet but who knows.

• Like 2

I’ve always thought a cocktail making class would be a good idea for a first or second date. It’s boozey but kinda creative as well. 

Ghetto golf looks like it would be a “fun” first date too. 

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

Been talking to a bird for a while, we met very briefly for the first time the other week, going to be meeting up again soon, any ideas on what is a safe bet for a "first date" (**** me I hate saying that) other than going the boozer which would be my default option.

I'm not the most flamboyant of mofos so I was thinking simply food, film and then a few drinks, Cinema is usually off limits at the start but we both like our films and it'll at least be a talking point when we get out of there.

Go for a walk whilst it’s nice weather

• Like 1

Women tend to be funny about eating in front of new people, especially dates so a meal might put her off.

Maybe drink -> cinema -> drink could work.

Or whilst the weather is nice something like mini golf, it’ll be a laugh. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Girls will be a bit weird when it comes to dates. They'll say "I'll leave it to you" and then get disappointed when whatever's gone  through their mind all week hasn't happened. Wining and dining is fine but requires thought. If you take them to a nice place they might have expected Nandos...then again if you take them to Nandos they might think you're some sort of cheapskate, and they'll vilify you in the prosecco binge session at Yate's. 

Something quirky should be a second, third date type of thing. So I'd hold off on the ceramic phallus workshop. 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Ive never understood taking someone to the cinema for a date. It’s the most anti social “social” thing you can do. You don’t talk to each other sitting in a dark room for 2 hours. Even bowling is better than the cinema. 

Go for a drink at a countryside pub or summat with a walk by the river. Chance to have a chat, nice scenery etc… Then dinner on the second date.

I agree but it does remove some of the awkwardness.

Drink beforehand to do the usual small talk, then 2 hours where you don't have to speak, then a drink afterwards where you have the movie to talk about.

Making conversation all night can be stressful for a lot of people

• Like 1

What @Ingram85said. Or if you DO go for a meal, make sure you don't order spaghetti or something with a sauce you could spill down your front.

Be safe; nice pub, little or no music. That's what i always did on first dates.

13 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Usual VT advice would indeed be to DHUTWU but for you it's VITJ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â