Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Is it worth starting off buying a guinea pig and building up from there?

A Gerbil is probably a better starting point and its cheaper on the sellotape

Only bad thing about having kids is the worry they cause you. You’ll never know love like it until you have a kid(s). I get why some people don’t want them, and it must be great not be shackled with such a big responsibility you don’t want. If I never had kids I’d be a mess and still sat in the same pubs doing the same thing I was 10-15 years ago. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

90k Bloody hell . 

To be honest it's probably more when you consider how much it costs to take them on holiday and everything. We've just had to buy a load of school uniforms for our lad and that's cost £70+ and doesnt even have enough to get through a week without washing them. 

I think I'm with @XelaI'd like the money back but unfortunately I've lost the receipt. 

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

To be honest it's probably more when you consider how much it costs to take them on holiday and everything. We've just had to buy a load of school uniforms for our lad and that's cost £70+ and doesnt even have enough to get through a week without washing them. 

I think I'm with @XelaI'd like the money back but unfortunately I've lost the receipt. 

I had to by my lads compulsory PE kit for high school, that alone was £70 and doesn’t even include the shorts which are another £15.

Blazer £34, tie £7. 

Then all the usual shirts, trousers etc. 

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The money doesn’t bother me, it is what it is, but 90k + 90k + 90k is an awful amount of money 🙂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve just borrowed a tenner off my nipper and they also made tea.

So, swings n roundabouts.

I’ve spent about £700 of FIFA points for my lad over the past 6 months yet he still thinks I owe him a tenner.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve spent about £700 of FIFA points for my lad over the past 6 months yet he still thinks I owe him a tenner.

My lad is always buying stuff on Fortnite or whatever it is. Not sure he’s had £700 in 6 months though 😀

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My lad is always buying stuff on Fortnite or whatever it is. Not sure he’s had £700 in 6 months though 😀

I might have exaggerated a bit with that 

13 hours ago, Genie said:

I dont really do gaming anymore and my lad's not old enough for this yet but this stuff really annoys me (the games not what you're doing). As a kid I used to think computer games were expensive at like £45 each but at least you had everything you needed to actually play and finish the game. This in game purchase stuff is just ridiculous in so many ways. 

22 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I dont really do gaming anymore and my lad's not old enough for this yet but this stuff really annoys me (the games not what you're doing). As a kid I used to think computer games were expensive at like £45 each but at least you had everything you needed to actually play and finish the game. This in game purchase stuff is just ridiculous in so many ways. 

It’s mental. You can get the game for £30 or so but then it’s constant nagging for money for the ad-ones.

A fiver here, a fiver there. It’s probably hundreds over the course of the year, then it’s discarded for the new game.

I still play GTA V and love it. Not a penny spent above the initial purchase. I wonder if GTA 6 will be a different model, I hope not.

Edited by Genie

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

So condoms aren't fully effective, and it appears that there's a chance I'm going to be a father. Which has never been something on the cards, but now she's changed her mind, and there's nothing I can do about it. ****. ]

Pretty **** hilarious timing with the current TTPYOTS discussion, the universe has a cracking sense of comic timing. ****.

If you want to talk about any of it just say. I'm sure there's plenty of people on here that will happily listen. 

I've been where you are bud. 

• Like 1

On 06/07/2021 at 22:03, avfcDJ said:

Ive been on and off with somebody for 6 months, it’s been complicated - we have had a few splits but it’s caused by issues outside of us. We both said “I love you” not long ago and she’s now told me that she craves having my baby. I don’t have kids and I’m nearly 40. What’s the situation with having kids? When is a good time to go “yeah we have been together for x months “ etc?

Help!

if you thought kids with her was the right thing to do then you wouldn't be asking for help.

• Like 1

Â