Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

In the last 3 games he has played against Valencia..........best right sided player in the league, Aguero......one of the best strikers in the world, and Oxlade-Chamberlain......a supposed new superstar, and i think has acquitted himself very well.Had a dodgy end to the 1st half tonight, at fault for Ures winner, but overall very capable.The one thing he does better than Bennett, is he supports the attack better.Plays the LB role the way it should be played, got good acceleration, does'nt get beaten that often....cost how much?

He ensures that LB is not a priority.

In the last 3 games he has played against Valencia..........best right sided player in the league, Aguero......one of the best strikers in the world, and Oxlade-Chamberlain......a supposed new superstar, and i think has acquitted himself very well.Had a dodgy end to the 1st half tonight, at fault for Ures winner, but overall very capable.The one thing he does better than Bennett, is he supports the attack better.Plays the LB role the way it should be played, got good acceleration, does'nt get beaten that often....cost how much?

He ensures that LB is not a priority.

I thought that he was poor against Man Utd and City, personally - but because he was playing against the aforementioned players. I thought it was a big improvement today and hopefully he'll keep improving.

I think he would be good on the wing or at wing-back if we were to go in that direction, he has plenty of energy and can swing a decent ball in but for my money he gets turned too easily, similar to Warnock.

Perhaps he needs a run of games to find his feet but I'd rather he got that run of games when his mistakes won't cost us so dearly.

Got to give credit where it's due. I have slated this lad after the last two games but thought he was excellent tonight. There was one mistake in the first half when Oxlade-Chamberlain ran off the back of him. Other than that I thought he had a fantastic game.

Hopefully this lad will learn from his mistakes and keep on producing performances like he did tonight!

I still think we need a better LB. That said, he's had the grand total of three league starts. Against three of the best five or six teams in the league. He is doing himself proud and, in fairness, we can't complain about him.

Fingers crossed he keeps improving.

think Stevens can be proud of himself in fairness. His 1st 3 games was against Champions League teams and didnt disgrace himself and if he has learned from it, it will do him a favour against lesser teams who dont have the same quality.

sad to say but id prefer him to warnock

I facepalmed when we signed him,

i don't get this... why? he had just won young player of the year in Ireland meaning he was no mug to begin with. regardless of perceptions of the league of ireland, it does produce a decent player or two every year, ones who are capable of playing in the premier league with the right guidance and coaching

i don't get this... why? he had just won young player of the year in Ireland meaning he was no mug to begin with. regardless of perceptions of the league of ireland, it does produce a decent player or two every year, ones who are capable of playing in the premier league with the right guidance and coaching

I admit it was my ignorance mostly. But at the time I desperately wanted us to sign another midfielder so a young lad from the Republic in a position that was not my top priority made me facepalm.

If it helps I thought Benteke was a bad signing as well so my record is pretty damn poor :)

Â