Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

And those are 2 qualities you want from a left back....he's abysmal

Well its 2 more qualities than Benett has at present. I will Benett the grace of being young. As i said i dont think he is great but is the lesser of two evils at present.

Do you think Benett should be on before him at the moment?

Well its 2 more qualities than Benett has at present. I will Benett the grace of being young. As i said i dont think he is great but is the lesser of two evils at present.

Do you think Benett should be on before him at the moment?

Yes I think he is a far superior player, enda is just a car crash waiting to happen

He can defend better than enda, he covers the cb better, has much more natural ability on the ball and generally looks like a pl footballer, enda on the other hand does not

I didnt see much of his defending ability against Bradford to be honest.

Bennett's got no more or less of a claim to that LB spot than Stevens, for me. I'd honestly be tossing a coin between 'em for who's starting at this point. Even during Bennett's MOTM performance against Ipswich, I spent most of the first-half cringing when he lost possession or was doing his best positional impression of Glen Johnson.

• 4 months later...

I thought this Stevens did an alright job the few games he played, I think if he hadn't gotten injured he would probably have had a longer run in the team. Can't see that he'll ever be used for anything but backup at Villa though.

I never get how anybody can be so downright rude to a guy who plays for Villa, has never said anything wrong about the club, disrespected the fans or not given anything but 100% to the cause.

He may not be good enough, but some of the bile in this thread is just unnecessary.

• Like 3

I never get how anybody can be so downright rude to a guy who plays for Villa, has never said anything wrong about the club, disrespected the fans or not given anything but 100% to the cause.

He may not be good enough, but some of the bile in this thread is just unnecessary.

Yeah, Stevens looked decent enough in those games he played in, I wouldn't write him off yet, beside he was cheap, wasn't it like 250k? I was actually surprised he didn't get more games last season as he looked more consistent defensively than Bennett.

Yeah, Stevens looked decent enough in those games he played in, I wouldn't write him off yet, beside he was cheap, wasn't it like 250k? I was actually surprised he didn't get more games last season as he looked more consistent defensively than Bennett.

I imagine that Mcleish bought him with the view to make him the first team left back, unfortunately for him though with Mcleish leaving and Lambert bringing Bennet in that probably now won't happen.

Â