Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

Overreactions. He played well enough. Had a nice shot. Went forward well in the second half.

This was as bad a defensive performance as I've seen.

'Getting forward well' is not a positive when you then don't get back quick enough, leaving us exposed to counter attacks. He is very poor in all defensive areas and needs to be loaned out to improve, he'll cost us too much in the Premier League.

'Getting forward well' is not a positive when you then don't get back quick enough, leaving us exposed to counter attacks. He is very poor in all defensive areas and needs to be loaned out to improve, he'll cost us too much in the Premier League.

Agree with this, I like your name too

• Like 1

well between him Bennett and Lichaj he has looked the stronger defensively. Which doesnt say much

Lichaj is better at LB.

Bennett and Stevens should not play in the first team again this season, there has to be a better alternative. I'd just play Benteke there and pump him full of steriods and caffeine so he tears the winger a new ar5ehole every time he touches the ball, that should do it...

Edited by RedBullDelfouneso

Well, i thought he did well enough. We also had 4 strikers in the second half, and fullbacks are meant to go forward and central midfielders are meant to cover them. When there is no cover and no winger, you can hardly blame the fullback for it. I think you guys are asking for a Roberto Carlos, but unfortunaltely he wont come.

Well, i thought he did well enough. We also had 4 strikers in the second half, and fullbacks are meant to go forward and central midfielders are meant to cover them. When there is no cover and no winger, you can hardly blame the fullback for it. I think you guys are asking for a Roberto Carlos, but unfortunaltely he wont come.

I'm thinking particularly of the first half, when Puncheon ripped him apart. I was sat L5 and was about 5m from him as he backed off continuously, allowing Puncheon/Lambert/Rodriguez turn him inside and out and get a shot/cross away.

Also, if there is no cover then it is the full back's responsibility to defend first and foremost, not bomb on and then when they get exposed say "well there was no winger to cover me". That's called having a tactical football brain.

I'm sorry for being so forceful in my opinion but if you think Stevens did well against Southampton then you must know very little about football

I'm thinking particularly of the first half, when Puncheon ripped him apart. I was sat L5 and was about 5m from him as he backed off continuously, allowing Puncheon/Lambert/Rodriguez turn him inside and out and get a shot/cross away.

Also, if there is no cover then it is the full back's responsibility to defend first and foremost, not bomb on and then when they get exposed say "well there was no winger to cover me". That's called having a tactical football brain.

I'm sorry for being so forceful in my opinion but if you think Stevens did well against Southampton then you must know very little about football

Don't be rude. I know my football. Stevens was either told to go forward or stay back. He obviously went forward well, so i guess he would have been subbed if Lambert did not want him to do that. You guys overreact like someone got murdered. He did a good job, especially in the second half. If the whole team defended well, he would not have been exposed like he did. Maybe you should take a lesson in football tactics.

Don't be rude. I know my football. Stevens was either told to go forward or stay back. He obviously went forward well, so i guess he would have been subbed if Lambert did not want him to do that. You guys overreact like someone got murdered. He did a good job, especially in the second half. If the whole team defended well, he would not have been exposed like he did. Maybe you should take a lesson in football tactics.

I'm trying really hard not to bite...but you did me with that last line.

"Overreact like someone got murdered" - right, I mean...an honest assessment of a player's inept performance is very similar to how I'd behave had I witnessed a murder, clearly.

Saying he played well - I strongly disagree. You seem to be satisfied that running forward regularly makes a good performance. I'm not knocking the lad's stamina, just his footballing ability. He was exposed because he is a poor player, plain and simple. When Puncheon isolates him one-on-one, that is not the team performing badly and defending poorly as you implied, that is Lambert's lack of tactical nous putting a slow, inexperienced full back against a winger like that. And Puncheon is hardly Cristiano Ronaldo is he!

If Stevens comes up against Hazard, Silva, Valencia, Walcott or Bale I think he might end up with his legs around his neck and his head buried deep inside his rectum.

Glad you're satisfied with his performance though.

Edited by RedBullDelfouneso

I'm trying really hard not to bite...but you did me with that last line.

"Overreact like someone got murdered" - right, I mean...an honest assessment of a player's inept performance is very similar to how I'd behave had I witnessed a murder, clearly.

Saying he played well - I strongly disagree. You seem to be satisfied that running forward regularly makes a good performance. I'm not knocking the lad's stamina, just his footballing ability. He was exposed because he is a poor player, plain and simple. When Puncheon isolates him one-on-one, that is not the team performing badly and defending poorly as you implied, that is Lambert's lack of tactical nous putting a slow, inexperienced full back against a winger like that. And Puncheon is hardly Cristiano Ronaldo is he!

If Stevens comes up against Hazard, Silva, Valencia, Walcott or Bale I think he might end up with his legs around his neck and his head buried deep inside his rectum.

Glad you're satisfied with his performance though.

Actually, he did come up against Valencia or NANI or someone else at man u.... Then he did not bomb forward, but stayed calm and did well. That was his first start for the team. I am sorry that I don't think he did too badly, but why was he isolated one on one against puncheon? Where was the support? You don't need to be world class to get past any man when you are at full speed one on one against him with nobody in support.

Why are you so annoyed I have another opinion than you? Are you the opinion master?

Actually, he did come up against Valencia or NANI or someone else at man u.... Then he did not bomb forward, but stayed calm and did well. That was his first start for the team. I am sorry that I don't think he did too badly, but why was he isolated one on one against puncheon? Where was the support? You don't need to be world class to get past any man when you are at full speed one on one against him with nobody in support.

Why are you so annoyed I have another opinion than you? Are you the opinion master?

I am the opinion master.

You're right, your opinion is just as valid as mine. Apologies.

I thought Stephan's was pretty decent at the weekend. He had no cover in front of him for a lot of the game.

He also had to come across to the middle a lot to cover gaps left by the two central defenders and made some great interceptions.

At worst he was average on Saturday in my opinion.

Â