Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

Always feel a bit apprehensive when Stevens comes on. but to be fair to the lad when he came on against Sunderland we didn't let in any goals whilst he was on the pitch, so if he can do the same against United i'll be very impressed :P

If he plays against Man U they will target him for sure. Would rather we played Hutton and thats how badly off we are at the moment.

Hutton who is shocking at right back and you want to play him left back?

It's definately a tough cloud at the moment with Enda. Too true there is alot of uncertainty about him but unless he plays and is actually going to be any good we won't know unless we give him a run.

It will be very interesting if Lambert starts him sat but hey sometimes being thrown in the deep end gives it that sink or swim situation for the player and they more often than not come away suprising some.

It might actually do him good and suprise a few people and let him cement his own place in the team.

He has to start somewhere so now is a better time than any to do so. What do we actually have to lose? (except 3 points which realistically we are not expecting anyway)

• Like 1

Hutton who is shocking at right back and you want to play him left back?

Yes he is poor but if we play Stevens i fear he will be totally over run. Like i said due to injuries we are very weak in that position and our options are rather limited. The only other option i can think of is Delph and i would play either Delph or Hutton instead of Stevens especially when we are playing Man U.

How many times have you seen him play? I've seen him once, I think, and that was against sunderland. Didn't take much notice of him except for that great interception on a cross. I hope if he plays he'll be inspired to play against united and sees his chance and have the game of his life. I think there's a reason why he's in the squad and Hutton isn't.

• Like 1

Yes he is poor but if we play Stevens i fear he will be totally over run. Like i said due to injuries we are very weak in that position and our options are rather limited. The only other option i can think of is Delph and i would play either Delph or Hutton instead of Stevens especially when we are playing Man U.

Are you basing that on knowledge or on a fear of the unknown?

I've been noticing that when I watch Villa the opposition do seem to have much better fortune when attacking our LB (whoever it may be) Bennett or Lichaj.

Maybe this change with Stevens coming in will be an improvement, however based on our upcoming fixtures I won't be too confident.

Calls for Hutton to play are ridiculous. It's over for him at Villa.

I know it's Man United and it's daunting but it's his position, he's the only left back fit to play so he should play. It's such a massive one off making your debut against Man United, the adrenalin will see him through most of it.

Even Hogg managed ok in his big debut v United and he's the biggest lump of shit ever.

Against Swindon he was shocking. He was genuinely that bad that i couldnt quite believe he was getting paid to play football. I really feared for us when he came on against Sunderland, but he seemed to do OK. Against United though? I think its clear I'd rather hope Bennett gets fit

Â