Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

Valencia versus most leftbacks, I'll go with Valencia. I don't think it matters a whole lot who plays there on Saturday. They're in for a rough ride.

Why not stick N`Zogbia in at LB.

He played quite a bit there at Newcastle and did ok.Would also give us a bit of an attacking threat down the left

or clark, baker and vlaar as a 3 with zog on the left of 5 across the middle. could even go...

-------------------- guzan --------------------

----------clark-----vlaar-----baker----------

lowton-------KEA-----bannan-----zog----

-------------------ireland----------------------

-----------gabby---------benteke-----------

in a 3-4-1-2 if you really want to fit zog in to a team though it'd prob have stevens at LB and him on the right of a 5 in a 4-5-1.

i think we shoudl give stevens a go as he is the only natural left back we have though.

What about Herd at CB and Clark at LB?

That's a fullback at centreback and a centreback at fullback. You are Martin O'Neill and I claim my £5.

I'd go as far to say its a cm at cb and a cb at fb, but still....

You guys are always pigeon holing players - where's you're sense of total football ;-)

Clark has played more games at LB than anyone else at the club I reckon - certainly anyone who's available. I stuck Herd back in at CB because there's no one else to take Clark's place and I thought he did alright against Norwich.

I thought our lads played their socks off tonight but, for me, Stevens had a part in all three of the Manure goals. He played Hernandez on side for the first, he wasn't in a position to cut out the cross for the second, and he allowed Hernandez to get the run on him for the third.

I am just not sure that this guy will make it. He's been here longer than the likes of Lowton or Bennett but he doesn't look as good as either of them whenever I have seen him play.

I hope the lad develops into a good, solid player but for now I would be worried about seeing him in the starting line up.

I thought our lads played their socks off tonight but, for me, Stevens had a part in all three of the Manure goals. He played Hernandez on side for the first, he wasn't in a position to cut out the cross for the second, and he allowed Hernandez to get the run on him for the third.

I am just not sure that this guy will make it. He's been here longer than the likes of Lowton or Bennett but he doesn't look as good as either of them whenever I have seen him play.

I hope the lad develops into a good, solid player but for now I would be worried about seeing him in the starting line up.

Personally thought Clark was more to blame for the winner. Sevens has very little experience of playing at a decent level and Shamrock Rovers would be League 2 level at best.

He did a lot better than many of us expected. Far from a nightmare of a debut. Well done to him, and shame on us for giving him more backing.

I still think it's the weakest part of the starting XI, but on the basis of largely keeping Valenica quiet he's challenging Bennett for that starting place.

Â