Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

its a sad situation when 3 of our 4 best defenders at the club, are all young an inexperienced, just shows that the 'experienced' defenders at the club just arent very good

either way, stevens seems to of done himself no harm in giving him another go

I had a dig at this kid for the Man Utd goals last week and I am afraid I am going to have another go this week.

For the 4th goal he did exactly the same as what he did for Utd's first last week. The other three defenders pushed out and he stayed in to play his man on-side. Last week, he lost Hernandez for Utd's third and today he did the same with Tevez for the City 5th. Tevez just drifted off him to the back post to allow himself a tap in.

I know he is new to Premier League football but surely they must work on these things in training? I would rather us not take risks with our Premier League status and loan this kid out in January whilst bringing in a decent quality left back.

Certainly need to have Bennett or Lichaj back as soon as possible. Stevens is not terrible, but nowhere near ready to play week in/week out for us. A major problem when we play Stevens is half the time, Bannan ends up having to track very far back and cover for him or provide him support, making it harder for Bannan to perform his midfield duties. Stevens does have a nice cross on him though!

He's an inexperienced kid. He's definitely got potential going forward and whipped in a superb cross for Benteke today but at the back he's still got a lot to learn. End of the day, he wouldn't be playing if we had players fit but that isn't he case. I don't personally think he'll ever be that good but there's definitely room for improvement and never say never.

I had a dig at this kid for the Man Utd goals last week and I am afraid I am going to have another go this week.

For the 4th goal he did exactly the same as what he did for Utd's first last week. The other three defenders pushed out and he stayed in to play his man on-side. Last week, he lost Hernandez for Utd's third and today he did the same with Tevez for the City 5th. Tevez just drifted off him to the back post to allow himself a tap in.

I know he is new to Premier League football but surely they must work on these things in training? I would rather us not take risks with our Premier League status and loan this kid out in January whilst bringing in a decent quality left back.

I am glad he is learning and can learn from his mistakes in massive games that we are not expecting much from anyway.

He played really well again today for me and he found he crossing great.

I think once we have signed our new LB he might well be loaned out but that depends how much he can kick on until we do get a new LB. I believe he will be learning a hell of alot from the last 2 games.

its a bit harsh to judge a player when his 1st 2 games are against the best teams in the league. He can only improve from the experience as wont come up against them players every weekend

Yeah, he hasn't really had the easiest of starts in the PL.

Â