Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

Lichaj's positioning is terrible, he has the attributes to be a good defender; pace, strength and an eye for a tackle, but he quite often finds himself facing problems of his own making.

Fair point. Something I have noted on occasion. It's a coachable attribute though.

like most kids, they need more game time to iron out their faults, but as we all know, we dont have time

unless were going to sign someone like olsson in january, then stevens should be given the spot, and bennett sent out on loan with option to recall (yes, even though weve just signed him)

I keep seeing people suggest it, and dagnabbit I'm gonna say it; I do not get the allure of Martin Olsson. Occasionally looks good marauding up the wing but about as much use defensively as sugar paper.

• Like 2

I keep seeing people suggest it, and dagnabbit I'm gonna say it; I do not get the allure of Martin Olsson. Occasionally looks good marauding up the wing but about as much use defensively as sugar paper.

agree, as a wing back he looks brilliant but in defence he is weak. people want attacking full backs so get blinkered views on their defensive ability

That analysis is SO spot on, well done young man.

Agreed I am happy with the options we have

• 1 month later...

I thought this lad was poor again yesterday. Thought he couldn't be as bad as Bennett and he probably wasn't. But, he is far from the answer to our left back position. Should have cleared it first time instead of taking the touch that led to their penalty. There was an earlier occasion when he chested it down to their player in the box instead of just heading it clear. Panic stations after that!

I don't think this kid is good enough from all the games I've watched him play. I would reluctantly play Lichaj there and buy a new decent left back as soon as we possibly can.

i think he has the potential to be a better LB than bennett, however, neither of them really have anybody to look up to at the moment and learn from, dunne and warnock are the closest tutors for them, but where are they?

He got torn apart by Hanson on MOTD.

He was caught out too far forward yesterday, I'm not sure if he was just following instructions from the manager or not but it left our CBs exposed time and time again. One of the times was the break that lead to the penalty (which he a Delph both should have cleared anyway)

Â