Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

goals conceded were more of a team 'effort', it would be wrong to blame an individual, considering hes came up against the biggest cheats in the prem, he didnt do too bad, he should be happy with himself

its hard to judge him on one performance. He did ok, looked suspect for at least one of the goals and lost concentration a good couple of times. the lad certainly didnt leave himself down being thrown in at the deep end.

it comes down to two things

1) Can he learn from his mistakes

2) Can he maintain and improve his performances, it wouldn't be unkown for a kid to come in and have an amazing debut against a side like man united and the fade horribly.

I posted on the match forum that he should not have been put in a position to f**k up for their third goal. How could we have allowed a player making his debut mark a player on a hat-trick from a set-piece with 3 minutes to go? A recipe for what followed.

Was a little worried when I saw his name in the starting line up as it's a lot to ask for a young lad to make his starting debut against Man U, but I felt he handled himself very well, although the third goal could have been avoided if he'd been a yard quicker. On the whole though, the first half attacking flow from United pretty much centred around Rafael/Valencia down the right and they didn't get anywhere did they?

I thought our lads played their socks off tonight but, for me, Stevens had a part in all three of the Manure goals. He played Hernandez on side for the first, he wasn't in a position to cut out the cross for the second, and he allowed Hernandez to get the run on him for the third.

I am just not sure that this guy will make it. He's been here longer than the likes of Lowton or Bennett but he doesn't look as good as either of them whenever I have seen him play.

I hope the lad develops into a good, solid player but for now I would be worried about seeing him in the starting line up.

Are you kidding me. The lad done well IMO and deserves to keep his place.

its hard to judge him on one performance. He did ok, looked suspect for at least one of the goals and lost concentration a good couple of times. the lad certainly didnt leave himself down being thrown in at the deep end.

it comes down to two things

1) Can he learn from his mistakes

2) Can he maintain and improve his performances, it wouldn't be unkown for a kid to come in and have an amazing debut against a side like man united and then fade horribly.

This.

Don't really agree that he did that great against Man Utd, although in the circumstances he was probably better than anyone expected.

He seems excellent at putting in crosses, but maybe a bit on the slow side.

Bennett has had a bit of a nightmare start, not helped by having a nasty gash on his leg, but if he's as much of a find as Lowton and Westwood seem to be, I'd be surprised if he didn't turn out to be a better player than ES.

Fair play to Enda - just watched his interview on AVTV. He's put his hands up and said, sorry it was my fault for the 3rd goal. Which is admirable. He also said that he can only take confidence from the game and it will have given him some vital experience.

I thought he did o.k. I was impressed in the first half when he stuck to Valencia, harried him and forced him back almost to the halfway line. He's a young kid who will lose concentration and make mistakes from time to time but he needs to be encouraged.

Â