Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I'm putting no hope into Gardner, everyone hailed him as our saviour a few years back and he's not done anything, even when not injured...

Plus, he's just come back from being on loan in the Championship, where he has been ok, but not a world beater...

Doesn't inspire me with confidence

I thought the reports from his time at Forest were overwhelmingly positive? I might be clutching a straws, though. But then again in these dark times, I see a straw, I clutch!

I'm putting no hope into Gardner, everyone hailed him as our saviour a few years back and he's not done anything, even when not injured...

Plus, he's just come back from being on loan in the Championship, where he has been ok, but not a world beater...

I thought the reports from his time at Forest were overwhelmingly positive? I might be clutching a straws, though. But then again in these dark times, I see a straw, I clutch!

yep he was loved and raved about by the fans at Forest, he wasn't brilliant at Brighton but he was just finding his match fitness after all the injuries.

I hope he and Robinson get a good crack next season

This man deserves a chance next season. We need to look no further than Fabian Delph for an example of a player who has returned from injuries, uninspiring form and loans to the championship. I wrote Delph off a couple of years back but now look at him. Sometimes it's about having a chance and a run in the side. Look at Coqelin at Arsenal too. 

Eh? Wake up and smell the roses, we ain't got a lot of money so as a Villa fan you better hope that GG proves you wrong.

Hoping he proves me wrong is different to having no faith in the idea that he will...

In all honesty, I didn't know he'd been ok at Forest, I think I was still thinking Brighton (shows how much I know)...

Went on a night out, there was a couple there who were forest fans, I didn't really know anything about there season so didn't wanna get talking football, but someone dropped me in it saying I was a big villa fan. Thought they'd rip the hell out of me but instead they spent the next half hour raving about what an incredible player Gardner was. I said I wasn't sure if he could make the step up to the premier league and they just said that he was a cut above and should already be playing for us. They were saying how shocked they were that we hadn't recalled him.

I have confidence he will kick on and I'm excited to see how he does next season. He's still quite young, I think that's easy to forget

• Like 3

I'd say his scumnose brother would be more of a replacement for Cleverly than Gary would be, If Sherwood plays GG then I think he would be sitting in front of the defence where Westwood or Sanchez have been.

I'm not a fan or either Westwood or Sanchez as I think both aren't good enough consistently for the Premier League. From what I've seen and heard of GG he's not exactly blessed with pace so why Sherwood thinks he's a box to box midfielder I'm unsure. What he does have is a good range of passing, a powerful shot and reads the game well so he could be the right player to sit in front of the defence but I don't have a clue what Sherwood is trying to do so like everyone else I'll wait and hope.

What I would say though is if Sherwood doesn't have GG in his plans then we might as well sell him to Forrest ASAP while we can get some return.

i hope hes in his plans.always wanted to see if he could have a good season in the prem.

was alot of hype about him befor his injuries and im sure i read he was wanted by quite a few european big boys

Craig said himself Gary is a better footballer than he is so i dont think he'd be playing the westwood role?i thought he qualities was going forward?

We might not need a like-for-like Cleverley replacement if Benteke is being sold, as Sherwood might set us up differently.

Not every team needs two box-to-box midfielders. We have one in Delph, and that could be enough, if we're set up differently.

I've always liked Gardner, but he's looked a little out of his depth when he's come it's the first team previously. I hope his time on loan has given him that much needed first team football to push his game to the next level and that he can fit in like Grealish has.

However TS choses to use him this is make or break season for him. There has been so much hype around him but as of now he is a player who is injury prone and completely unproven in the PL.

I really hopes he makes it after the injuries he has had but I also hope we are not relying on that either.

isnt hes contract up at the next of this season ? If so then it truely is make or break for him

ye wasnt this all part of the contract extension plan? which confused most people.

I hope we sign somebody to replace cleverly and not have gardner to make the step up.

What I never understood was Gardner seemed to be decent in last few pre-seasons and then come start of season Lambert had zero faith in him. I think Sherwood will be the opposite at least

Hhhmmm presuming you didn't watch much of last pre season as GG was rusty as hell in his last pre season (except for the 25 yard screamer!).

But he looked liked what he was, someone coming back from a long time out, definitely nowhere near Prem standard at that point.

I've not seen him play since except for the highlights but hopefully we'll see a different player now.

I'd be amazed if we were expecting him to start though. Replacing Cleverely with quality is a must. Gardner will hopefully improve our squad options.

Â