Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Hhhmmm presuming you didn't watch much of last pre season as GG was rusty as hell in his last pre season (except for the 25 yard screamer!).

But he looked liked what he was, someone coming back from a long time out, definitely nowhere near Prem standard at that point.

I've not seen him play since except for the highlights but hopefully we'll see a different player now.

I'd be amazed if we were expecting him to start though. Replacing Cleverely with quality is a must. Gardner will hopefully improve our squad options.

He scored a freekick from 38 yards!

Had a dream last night we got Arsenal in the FA cup again next season, however we beat them 5-2 this time with Gardner getting a Hat-trick. Get your money on it.

Feasible , in the year 2034 with Billy Gardner (son of Gary).

What I never understood was Gardner seemed to be decent in last few pre-seasons and then come start of season Lambert had zero faith in him. I think Sherwood will be the opposite at least

I have a feeling some of that was in Lambo's aversion to our own youth setup. 

GG got a few chances but he struggled, Lambo definitely didn't trust him after that, unlike Bennets love affair. The loan move was a great learning curve for him and he appears to have understood what it is to play midfield at a competitive level, I can't see him not getting a shot now and as an ex pro midfielder you'd think Sherwood would recognise sometimes players mature at 22-24 and aren't without potential by 21.

Offered a new deal.

I thought I'd clicked on the Nzogbia thread, nearly threw my phone up the wall when I read this

• 4 weeks later...

Hhhmmm presuming you didn't watch much of last pre season as GG was rusty as hell in his last pre season (except for the 25 yard screamer!).

But he looked liked what he was, someone coming back from a long time out, definitely nowhere near Prem standard at that point.

I've not seen him play since except for the highlights but hopefully we'll see a different player now.

I'd be amazed if we were expecting him to start though. Replacing Cleverely with quality is a must. Gardner will hopefully improve our squad options.

He scored a freekick from 38 yards!

Why Cleverly wasn't quality!

End of the day the lad has had two serious injuries in his career and made what 5 premier league appearances in total for us.

Just plonking him straight into the starting 11 and expecting wonder performances is a bit stupid isn't it and immediately asking for stick on here.

Have him on the bench, bring him on as sub, start him in the Carling cup and if he makes an impression and plays well then maybe put him in the starting 11.

We are losing internationals in central midfield so they need to be replaced. Gueye is a good start but we still need more there as we do in other areas.

I remember seeing him come on as a sub at Newcastle a couple of season backs, and playing in midfield with Bannan. I remember thinking he looked a like a real player, at one point he ran in the box and won a header from a cross in open play and nearly scored, and I thought we havn't had a midfielder do that since Ian Taylor....

I think he will get his chance and feature regularly in the squad, if not as a starter. If Tim didn't fancy him, he would have gone by now, I'm sure Forest would have took him. Next season is important for his development, but all being well he should be a regular starter in 2 seasons time.

• Like 1

Â